new cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rev_J, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Rev_J

Jan 22, 2003
    one of the best sounding cabs i have ever heard is this old ampeg speaker that had a 1x18, 2x10, and 2x18 all in one cab. I don't remember the model name but that held a detuned B string with plenty give space. the 8's gave the low notes extra punch and high end. great cab.
  2. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    If the 18 was facing backwards that was probably one of the Isovent cabs. They are now discontinued. And yes they sounded great.
  3. I can't find the website to Madison Speakers anymore:confused: But they had a 2x21 and 2x8's in there... I think they may have had a tweeter, but that seems damn heavy! Talk about going down below 20 hz where you can't hear anything, but definetly feel it! I can't comment on the quality of Madison speakers, but they were pretty cheap. Want to play through one...;)
  4. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    here is the smaller version that I had

5. that thing looks like a gas mask:D
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    LOL........ good call!
  7. damn though, I can't stop looking at it as a gas mask and I'd be afraid ot take it to a gig with me cuz it looks WIERD. However I want it simply because it looks really versatile...:) reflex mounted 15" speaker is great with 2 8s or 10s or whatever those are. I wish my hartke b120 had a 15 facing down rather than a 12,because a 12 doesnt shake the floor with 120 watts... atleast mine doesn't. my b120 is a 2x12 combo.
  8. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Actually that picture is from bass north west's web site where it's for sale. A gas mask huh, you'd have to have a HUGE face :D
  9. I do... but not THAT huge:(