Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Cabinet Company

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by EmeraldCabinets, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmeraldCabinets

EmeraldCabinets

Nov 14, 2004
    Hello everyone just saying Hi. I am new the the boards and have started my own cabinet company. i have a full line of bass and guitar custom cabs made with 13inch voidless Birch plywood. My website will be up soon and I hope i can get the support from all you guys. I am going to be devoted on getting you the best price and customer service as possible. hopefully you will be seeing me around the boards very soon. thanks

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Welcome to TalkBass!

You might find that this post is better suited for the Amps forum, but I should warn you that there are very strict advertising rules on these boards. I suggest that you send a Private Message to one of the Moderators of the forums or to the Administrator Paul to let them know who you are and ask them for advice and permission to talk about your products here.

There really isnt a rule against talking about your products, but advertising is against the rules and its a fine line between the two so its best to make sure everything is cool.

Good luck of course and enjoy your stay.

Peace
    Nick

PS: Look into a suporting membership. Its $20 a year and helps keep the board running smooth. You also get special privelages such as an avatar and the ability to post in the TalkBass Lounge area where certain controversial topics such as politics and religion are allowed.

3. EmeraldCabinets

EmeraldCabinets

Nov 14, 2004
    thanks nick man. this post is not intended as an advertisement just a simple post to say hello and let everyone know that ill be starting to sell my cabs on the net. who is the admin and also i would love to help out the forum.

4. paul is the admin of the boards, and you can find a list of the mods of each board on that board. as nick man (and his florida gators, grr) said, good luck and enjoy the stay bud

btw, i like the name emerald cabs, has a ring to it.

5. EmeraldCabinets

EmeraldCabinets

Nov 14, 2004
    thanks once the website is up i am wondering if some people would like to get a cab and test them out see how they like it and do a review. does that seem like something anyone would wanna do?

6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You should fill out your profile since it will help us find a lot of helpful info about you.

If we knew where you were located we could probably tell you what TBers live in your area and who might be able to test your cabs.

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Well if that doesn't fullfill the definition of advertising, noting does.

As mentioned earlier, we have several paid advertisers here on TB. They get upset when others get the same privelige for free, and rightly so.

Please contact the site owner to discuss advertising. You'll find him under the user name "Paul". And it might also be worth your while to participate in some of the cab building threads. That costs nothing and with your user name, should in itself attract a little bit of attention to your cabs.

8. EmeraldCabinets

EmeraldCabinets

Nov 14, 2004
    ok guys thanks for all the help. i will contact Paul tommorrow and get everything settled. What i meant by testing my cabs is just doing a product review.

9. odie

odie Supporting Member

Sorry Mods- I moved it from OT. Your call.

10. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    I sincerely hope you meant 13-ply and not 13 inch. While 13 inches of wood would make for a nice, strong cabinet...it might be a little on the heavy side...

11. i hope he makes something cool, besides second order ported enclosures. plenty of cabs but not enough featherweights, horn loaded subs, bandpasses, isobarics etc.

12. WesW

WesW <>< Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2002
    St Joe Beach, FL
    Emerald - Is there a web site where we can check out what you are doing?

13. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I am all about that! In fact, I have a rather extensive "collection" of cabs to compare to, so if that is something you wish to pursue, feel free to PM me.

Tom.

14. I would also be interested in test/review your cab/cabs. First I would like to know about them and to decide which would be best suited for me to test and possibly purchase. You may also PM me. Thanks.

Note: Tombowlus would be an excellent choice to review your gear btw. His testing and reviews are excellent.

15. EmeraldCabinets

EmeraldCabinets

Nov 14, 2004
    yeah 13 ply oops it was late last night. my website is being worked on and should be up in a few weeks. as for the cabs i have started with a B210 and G212. it would be awesome to get a review from you guys. ill keep everyone updated on the progress of the cabs.

16. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    You are too kind, my friend!

17. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Got any pics you could show us?

18. do you think you will be offering any bass cabs with 12s? personally, i would love to have a 2x12 for just bass, would be the perfect small gig cab (with an eden metro or something along those lines). i find 10s dont have enough bottom end strength for me personally.

19. absolutely, count me in. I've been debating a new rig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.