New Cabinet Ideas??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SoyBase, Dec 16, 2001.

1. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Hello All,
    Right now Im running a Mesa RR 1516 cabinet and love the sound I can produce at mid volume with my Mesa 400+. The only thing is that Im getting tired of lugging that thing , 150lbs, from gig to gig and since I got my new 400+ im not getting the volume I want (my guitar players are volume challenged).

Now, I've been thinking of getting an Eden 410XLT or two possibly used if I can find them because I've read a lot of threads about having no troubles cutting through and having top notch sound with these bad boys.. Does anyone else have any good suggestions? I've thought about getting a RR 2x10 and 15 bottom, but then again that will cost me close to a grand as opposed to getting 2 410xlts for that price.

By the way, if anyone wants a used Mesa 1516 RR cab, let me know.

2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    As an owner of one, I'd say go for the XLT...these things are absolutly amazing. The low end is excellent, and they cut through even better. THe cab it's self is a low/warm sound, almost like a Tube cab, if you will, but you can tweak your amp to give it a modern sound. The highs are pretty darned good too, which are helped by the horn. Making this a good cab for slap, jazz, rock, and heck, general use. Good stuff!
  3. The D-410XLT is at the very upper end of noise making chain at 106 SPL. It gets this by rolling off the lows from 50 Hz down, but is still very respectable at 31 Hz.