New Cabinet on the Market

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkyLemz, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Im playing a small coffee house gig this weekend, do you guys think this we'll be loud enough? :D

Yes, this thread gave me a chance to show off my newly acquired Shroeders (1210 and 1212) and Whappo Jr, but my main purpose was to tell all about this new company Apostle Enclosures. They are a Christian-based manufacturer that provides cabinets for guitar and bass. Check out the site I've only had a few runs at the cab myself, but so far it's a pretty handy stand alone cab. Im going to be on vacation from the 1st of the year until the 22nd (without a bass, amp, cab, guitar....nada), so my reviews will have to be put on hold until then. One thing I can say is Bradley at Apostle Enclosures is a great guy and would be pleased to answer any questions. The cab is a heavy 2x10, but packs a lot of punch. Sorry, for the tease of not having a review and only showing the cab. Actually (new thought), because of that I will say a little bit about the enclosure - One thing is is less colored to my ears then my old Bergie HT 2x10. The Bergie definitely had more boom and bass response. This cab has a lot of mids and is punchy for a funky bassist. Lots of volume on this bad boy, but those Shroeders just take the cake in my mind. Please dont attack me due to the poor review. I really didnt have enough time for this cab or any cab becasue Im in an apartment right now. Ive only heard it pushed in three places and once with a full band. The cab did cut through the band and I am more than moderately impressed with the design (whatever that means). Looks cool doesn't it?
  2. I don't know if a 210 was what Jesus had in mind when he started this whole thing :D
  3. K2000

Nov 16, 2005
    can I ask what the heck does religion have to do with bass cabinets?

If I'm jewish maybe I should shop elsewhere?

I think this shows a piss-poor business sense on the manufacturer's part. I would think his faith should be a private matter, but maybe that's just me.
  4. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA

What he's doing is giving a portion of the profits to youth ministries and that's where the "Christian" comes in (I guess). I am a bassist playing the product, I do apologize if anyone is offended by my thread.
  5. They look nice, can't wait for the review...
  6. truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    they look good, but prices seem to much....avatar did it right price--sound
  7. Sounds to me like you have issues.

- Andrew
  8. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI

I wouldn't be offended if it was called Kosher Cabs or Allah cabs...geesh. How they sound is more important.
  9. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    My understanding is that Carvin also has a religious affiliation, if so they have the good taste not to make a big deal about it.
  10. greaseball

Dec 1, 2005
    If Satan himself made a great cab at an affordable price, I would be first in line. :eek:
  11. seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    It matters to me. I refuse to do business with any company that I know discriminates against anyone based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, gender or sexual orientation.

I would highly question this company as to their business policies based on their statements on their web site.
  12. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    yeah, but what would that price be ;)
  13. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >> I prefer to keep my charitable contributions and bass equipment purchases separate. It's easier when tax time comes around.

14. RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI

I just checked thier site...they seem to sponsor bands that are of different ethnicities according to the pics I seen. So they donate to youth what? How does that make them rascist or discriminitory? I must have missed something?? I do not understand how you could say that? Eithier you must have issues with Christianity or I missed something. I don't understand how you could come to that conclusion based on thier website.
  15. Expressing their faith as they choose is their right, as it is yours not to buy from them. What concerns me, and moreso BECAUSE of that expressed faith, are the Genz Benz guitar cabs (or clones thereof) on the main page. Didn't see anything about them, but if they are claiming those are their designs, that ain't too cool even if you worship Yog-Sothoth.

I hate to be a Narc, but Genz-Benz is the only amp co. I'm loyal toward. Carefully worded PM sent.
  16. TF, Aguilar, Schroeder, and Accugroove?! My god you're a lucky man. The 1210 blends in with the Whapjoo nicely.
  17. eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    You know the guy, Jesus's earthly Dad. I am a christian but unless those cabs are the berries, they seem highly priced. It's as though your buying a $500 cab and donating $100 (or whatever %) to a cause they believe in. I suppose if you wanted to give to the same charity AND you needed a new cab, might as well try this one.
    I don't like they color of the speaker board. I'd paint it a different color but that's just me.
    Interestingly, they make a 2 ohm cab. Not many of those.
  18. eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Oh! what's up with the 'bass tasters' test theme song/groove ? I don't recall them using apostle cabs in their testing????
  19. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Damn! I get 3 posts down here, and someone posted MY reply!! L.OL.!
    I hope none of the Christian players are offended(I'm Christian myself), but I agree 100% with the above quoted post. The marketing is a crock. All it does is try to make people think that they must be great cabs and good people to deal with, because they're "chosen" to build bass cabs. I can think of alot of successful bass cabinet builders that have not taken an "angle" to sell products. They just build the best they can, and let the PRODUCTS speak for themselves.
    Apostle should drop the name(I actually find it offensive) and the crap, and build the best bass cabs they can under a more clever business name, or start dodging the lightning bolts!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.