New caption contest!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by yawnsie, Jun 7, 2001.

1. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Well, after the success of the last one, I've decided to leave myself wide open to the abuse that I'm sure you're all waiting to throw at me. (Remember, I'm a mod - I have powers!)

Winner gets a lifetime supply of, errr, oxygen!
  2. cole

Sep 14, 2000
    When aliens abduct bass players.

Well, we know where he got his nickname from.

and now for the blatant abuse: Where'd you get that shirt, a picnic table?
  3. heavy gauge strings and bending notes don't mix, kids.
  4. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Yawnsie entered a state of panic and rage upon discovering that his bass did not match his shoes.
  5. F# . . . F# . . . F# (crap my thumb should be at the back of the neck) F#. . .F#. . . F# . . . Oh God the X-Lax is starting to work!
  6. anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    After years of being under the influence of a powerful hypnotic spell devised by his bandmates, Yawnsie finally broke through, only to discover that he had been playing in a Def Leppard cover band the entire time.

7. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    After seeing his date from last night was hitting on another chick he realized that wasn't her headstock sticking him in the side :eek: !!!
  8. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Cranium temperature: 150degrees Fahrenheit and rising.
  9. This is why you always bring a backup mic to the gig
  10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Blue checked shirt...$25
    Fender P bass...$600

Properly grounded amp....

11. APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    Yawnsie, I'm sure we played a gig together in the Roadhouse in Manchester, I used to play Didgeridoo and guitar with a group called IOTA! Have you always been with Shine? Ever played in or with anyone from Blackpool?
  12. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    OUCH!!! This evil PICK is burning my fingers!!!
  13. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Nope, I'm afraid you've got the wrong person - I've never been out of Liverpool (or The Shine), unfortunately. I did play with a band from Blackpool in the Cavern once, though.
  14. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Fender P-bass and amp: $1200.
    Plaid shirt and pants: $40.

Scaring the living @#$% out of the people in the old folk's home so they'll never ask you to volunteer there again: Priceless.
  15. Yawnsie finally breaks down halfway thru his set at the Carpenters Cover Song Festival.
  16. APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    I'm giving my vote to Big Wheel! Hilarious mate!

Yawnsie, the Cavern band wasn't 'Helicopter' a mod band was it? I played with about 20 bands from Blackpool over 7 yrs, and The Shine and your face seem strangely familiar.
  17. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    I can't remember the name of the Blackpool band, but they were Mod - it was back in November. I remember that some of them had been to the same Who gig I had in the week. Ring any bells?
  18. I hate it when the drummer shoves his drumstick up my @$$.
  19. =^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Early in his career Yawnsie regurgitated tennis balls as part of his stage act.

This is one of the few remaining pictures we find from this era. Unfortunately it was used in a spot the ball contest so the tennis ball has been edited out. Use your skill and judgement to mark where you think the tennis ball is. I think you will be pleasantly suprised.
  20. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Since the guitar player is so far out of tune, it is causing physical pain to poor, poor yawnsie.