Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new Carl Martin PlexiTone pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by David Wilson, Aug 29, 2004.

1. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...hmmm, Dave, I see you use a "Fuzz" by CM. I use a "Heavy Drive" that works great with my set-up(no lows lost). How does the pedal you have compare to others? How did it compare to the "Ezekiel" that you sold? Sorry for the OT response, but, I figured it would be semi-appropiate now...

cheers,
    ~S~

PS: Carl Martin pedals work terrific on bass

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I really like the CM Fuzz. Very different beast from the Ezekiel. The Ezekiel was really different flavors of distortion. I usually have an overdrive/distortion pedal on my board as well as a fuzz pedal.

I do love fuzz, unfortunately there are a number of great sounding fuzz pedals out there that don't work so well on active basses (I play active basses 99% of the time). Frantone Lo-Tone is an example of that, I also had varying results with the Depth Charge on active basses but it sounded great 100% of the time with passive.

I really like the wave form shaping on the CM, lets me get warm fuzz ala 'No Quarter' or reedier synth type fuzz. Add in the EQ and you have a very versatile pedal. It hasn't ever knocked my socks off, but it's a good solid / versatile / reliable fuzz.