New Carvin 212 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Blues Bass 2, Mar 16, 2005.

1. I just got a new Carvin Catalog and they have a Neo 212 combo with a speaker design that looks close to what Schroeders are.Also the amp has a seperate 50w amp for the tweeter like GK.The amp puts out 500w at 4ohms and 800 at 2 ohms.It's called the BRX 212 combo and only weighs 69lbs.It also has tilt back wheels and a pull up handle.It looks very cool to me,a 69lb. combo that can do about any gig for $850.
  2. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    These look pretty sweet on paper and I bet they sound great. I also noticed that they are putting 1000 watt heads in their Redline combos. I'll take two BRX212's, a 1000 watt Cyclops and a R1010. My wife will understand.......right?
  3. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    I'm writing just to bump up this thread. I'm also VERY curious about this combo. It seems to have everything I need as a stand alone for my classic rock gig, plus I could always throw a 2x10 on top for more wattage and high end snap. But it’s so new that there's no reviews out there yet. I'm dying to know more.

One plus to Carvins BRX series is the recent review in Bass Player. It appears to be quite positive; however its review was for the 1500 watt head and 4x10 cab. Still, it’s a good sign.

Any info on the new Neo combo, do be a pal and post something; ANYTHING!

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    One of the greatest sounds I ever heard was a carvin redline 1000 through an ampeg 810 and a p-bass.
  5. FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    Carvin makes good gear. I've got a PB200 combo for practice, but it's loud enough to play gigs with. Very solidly built stuff at a reasonable price. I had a Carvin PA many years ago that was tough as nails and just kept going and going.

Why not order one and try it out? They have a money-back would only cost you freight to try it out.
  6. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Finally! I've been waiting for a thread that didn't bash Carvin since I started visiting here. I love their Redline series and am also very curious to know more about the new combo. I'll bet it RAWKS! Not a bad idea ordering one either. Someone else will have to do it though, as my last bass purchase is still building interest on my credit card. Any takers?