1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Carvin Elite!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ClassicJazz, Apr 7, 2006.

1. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Got my new Carvin Elite today! :hyper: Shaping out to be a good weekend! The wood working on this baby is beautiful. Setup perfect right out of the box. But Carvin still owes me a Quilted Maple truss rod cover (which comes standard). I guess they don't build to many Elites and someone forgot. Should have that in a few weeks. I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet, first I have to change the strings to the type I use. But unplugged it has a nice clear tone to it. The walnut core tones down all that maple. The specs are:

AAAAA Quilted Maple front and back / Walnut core
    Maple/Walnut 5-Piece neck with Birds Eye Maple fretboard
    CT Head Stock
    18V Carvin Electronics

carvin1.

carvin2.

2. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Sweet!

Nice quilt!! :eek:

3. Excuse me while I pick my jaw up from the ground.

That is absolutely stunning. I have an LB70... and it does not look half as sexy as your Elite. That wood work... it's insane!

4. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    BEAUTIFUL! just the maple and walnut combination is very interesting, i like it!

congrats on your new bass!

5. I'm not someone who gets all hung up on looks (I had a Tyler, and actually LIKED how it looked), but that's one of the raddest looking Carvins I've EVER seen. What's CT stand for? It kinda reminds me of an old Ibanez Musician headstock.

6. ClassicJazz

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I think the CT stands for California Carve-Top. That headstock comes from that guitar series. They now offer it for bass.

7. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Holy crap! That looks amazing!:eek:

8. Got to admit I've never really been a Carvin fan. But geez that's a fine-lookin' bass !! Many congrats !!

9. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    same as 7string... not much into Carvin's, but that one is very nice looking.

10. afiaowo

afiaowo

Jan 9, 2006
    Where does Carvin get this never ending supply of drop dead gorgeous wood. That is a fine looking bass.

11. The back on that one looks better than most tops! Enjoy it!

Any chance of hearing some sound clips? I have an Icon but I wonder how the new electronics sound on the other models.

12. Woah! :eek: That is very hot!

13. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Ive never liked the look of Carvins before but that is a stunning quilt and finish! Congrats!

14. puff father

puff father Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Endicott, NY
    Quilted front AND back! Very nice looking bass. Hope you absolutely love it!

15. ClassicJazz

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Here are a couple more photos for the mix.....

So far I have only played with it a bit. It really plays like butter! There is such a wide range of tones I can get from this bass. I will really have to sit down and play around with the settings. And man does that 18V pre-amp kick. Talk about power........Also I found the walnut core works great for taming all that maple.

carvin3.

carvin4.

16. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That is incredibly good looking! I hope it sounds great too!

17. holy crap. Tha is amazing!

18. wow that looks marvelous, but is it worth the huge price tag?

19. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    wow... impressive. I think the headstock looks a bit... I wouldn't say off but you know. It really gives the bass a whole different look though, I prefer it to the pointies. Are they available on 5 & 6es?

I really love how the wood works together as a whole. stunning.

20. ClassicJazz

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    I think so. The workmanship is amazing not to mention the wood. The bass has a great feel. And the new 18V pre-amp kicks butt! I'm going to take this weekend to really dial in the tone.