New carvin head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Zack Ataack, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Zack Ataack

Zack Ataack

Sep 25, 2005
  2. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    You should go w/the B1500 instead. Way better.
  3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
  4. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I've had the R600, which is essentially the same amp. I found it good, though a number of people have had problems with theirs.

I now have the B1500, and I agree with BluesCat, I think it's way better than the R series. Better tone, more power. That's the way I'd recommend going.

People still seem to be sleeping on the B1500. I never believe in proclaiming the things the "best" in their category, because so much comes down to personal taste. I love this amp and would buy it ahead of G-K or Ampeg (no disrespect) in a second, but it would be silly to pretend it's the "best" thing for everybody, even in its price range. I do think, however, that if more people could hear and play this amp, more would put it on their shortlist for consideration when looking at amps in this price range. IMO, for quality, it can hang with anything priced near it. Past that point, you get into personal taste, about which no dispute is possible.
  5. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Search the previous posts for sure. My .02 is the new series B1500 sounds WAY BETTER than the R series. I brought an old SM-400 to the CArvin store one dsay and AB-ed it with the R600. Even the sales guy candidly said the R series heads didn't compete that well with other gear choices. That old SWR just slayed the R series head in terms of tone quality.

Earlier this year I tried the B1500 through the new Carvin cabs with the new tweeter: NICE. If I were in the market for something that big and heavy, the B1500 would definitely be on my list.

Competes very well up against GK or Ampeg, probably better than both in my opinion.
  6. Zack Ataack

Zack Ataack

Sep 25, 2005
    Thanks for the info, ive been lookin at this now and the B1500 does lookd like a better deal.