Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Celinder site

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Jun 7, 2004.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    looks great, and man, do those basses sound awesome!!
    I'm going to have to track one of those babies down....
    some of the best Jazz tones yet.
    the J Update 5 in burst with maple board and blocks is screaming my name!!

2. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Your post seems to be missing a link :rollno: :D

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    www.celinder.com it was impossible to upload a pic- since i think it's a flash site, but hey, YOU would know about that, right, bro?- A

4. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Hahaha :D Well, that's one of the advantages of having a flash site - it prevents hotlinking and hence excessive bandwith wastage/leeching.
    Problem is, it also prevents people like me whos workplaces have barred active content from being loaded to see their site. Guess I'll just have to wait till I get home then :)

Edit: Here's a pic I found at another thread

[​IMG]

5. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI

They sound that good? Do they sound as good as the price tag on them? Only problem is, from all the negative feedback people have had with the company as far as their customer service, I don't think it would be worth the hassle. Another problem is, what if you need work done on the bass? I don't think Celinder has anyone in the states to take care of warrenty issues.

I have thought about one myself but after hearing about Celinder not returning phone calls or e-mails, no way! I'll give my money to one of the great companies in the US like MTD or Nordstrand, oh yah, and one Canadian company too. :D

6. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    I think the "How to make a bass in 30 seconds" is so funny!!!

7. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I wonder how the white veneer or paint or whatever on the fingerboard a) holds up against playing, and b) affects the sound.

Pretty bass, though. I'd love to have a J like that.

8. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Holy crap, I just listened to the sound files in their "Sound Room" Not only some great playing going on, the tone is happining!

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    the interesting thing about that is that those files come from the Scarbee sample library, featuring the Celinder bass, but its hard to tell what is played and what is triggered samples- but the tone!!!

10. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    I was a little confused about what the Scarbee sample library was when I was reading about their sound files. Can you shed some light on this? I got even more confulsed when I went on Scarbee's Web site.

11. you mean this one bro?

12. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    he apparently had some wrist problems when young that prevented him from playing bass, so he began to develop a sample library. I am somewhat familiar with the sample libraries offered by east-west , they have guitar samples, drum samples, many keyboard samples and a few bass sample volumes, there is a Will Lee cd with many notes, plucks, and whole riffs sampled so that a producer can use them in a recording by triggering from a sampler, a feat of reconstructing, but no actual playing- however, to my ear, a lot of that sounds like he played entire riffs and edited them together , otherwise he is a monster programmer because it certainly sounds played by a bass player, i emailed him and he replied, i inted to ask him again about details, but as a magician, i myself might be reluctant to give away the secrets.
    Also, in the video section, we get to hear the straight output of the bass being played live and it still sounds ridiculously good...
    two years ago at NAMM, i caught Vail Johnson playing one and it floored me then.. i am trying to find one preferably used- with a maple board..Steve, you out there???

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    that's the one... SWEET!!!

14. haha. i think you should buy that and sell me your fender for cheap! ;)

15. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    Adrian, thanks for the info. To me, it actually sounded like a bass player playing all of it too.

16. Yes, it does. Very cool.

Speaking of looking great, nice Nordstrand!!! :eek: :bassist:

17. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    +1
    Those are some of the most amazing sample clips I have ever heard. Period.

18. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Are those cnc made or hand carved basses?, the site didint work for me

19. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Try this link http://www.celinder.com

works better without a dash at the end :p

I was lucky enough to snag SCT1422's P/J 5 - the attention to detail, playability, and TONE is outstanding!

P/J 5 pics

20. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Hippie, that is sweet- I am trying to talk Steve into selling me his Nat Ash/ Maple update -
    the tone on those basses just floored me. It would be a great companion to the Nordstrand ( which amazes me everytime i pick it up)