New cheapo no-budget video!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rusty Chainsaw, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Me and the guys have made a new music video... just a rehearsal room, two camcorders and a Mac with a copy of Final Cut... :) It's actually turned out OK, we filmed most of it with night vision for an "interesting" look! Plus you get to see my nice LED'd up Spector... :D

Check it out, I'd be grateful for your opinions... :cool: (It's in MP4 format, so you'll need QuickTime) - right-click the link below and "save target"...

Russ :bassist:
  2. More than the video, I am impressed with the quality of the recording. It's nicely put together and mixed well. If you guys did that on your own, then somebody knows what they are doing.
  3. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Cheers... :D

The track's off our album, which was professionally produced, and we just kinda lip-synched the video to a recording of it. It does sound fairly good, although I'd personally prefer more bass in the mix... :cool:

4. Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    Just checked out your songs on your website, definately cool:D I'm in a similar band here in Iceland, maybe we should tour together??;)
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Nice! I'm impressed!
  6. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I really liked the shaky shots with the band hitting it hard. I wanted more. I think the camera needed to be more mobile, but the choices of scenes were really cool. The sound was also very good.
  7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    that was excellent!

on a side note, it opened in Windows media player for me.
  8. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Thanks to you all for checking it out... :D Glad you all seem to like it!

We're hopefully going to be back in the studio soon to get some newer tracks down, and when we've got them recorded, we'll have a crack at another video - now we've got the hang of video editing, we should be able to do something a bit more ambitious next time.

9. I'm more into jazz, . . . . . . .but sometimes I like to hear some music such as like is on that mp4. And I have to say that [as far as I'm concerned] the song you posted is about as good as I've heard in that style. And that's not an easy thing to do, impressing me [not that impressing me should be anyone's goal ;)]. But you guys [and I rarely use this phrase]. . . . .you guys rock! The mix was excellent, the singer has a good non-sissy voice, the musicians are very good, . . . .. a well done video.

Now, back to Chick Corea. :D