1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New CHIC remix album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bass12, Sep 6, 2018.

1. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    A few days ago I picked up the new CHIC Organization remix album. I'd already heard a number of the remixes as some of them were previously released as singles and as part of the CHIC Organization box set. I'm normally not a fan of contemporary remixes of older material but Dimitri From Paris did a great job with these. Instead of reworking the tracks to the point of their bearing practically no resemblance to the originals, Dimitri took the Tom Moulton approach of sticking to source material. Part of what makes these remixes interesting from a CHIC fan's perspective is that the songs get stripped down in places giving the listener the chance to hear individual parts like never before. Very cool and worth checking out for anyone who digs CHIC productions.

le_chic_cd_-_pre-order_.

2. MixBass

MixBass

Feb 23, 2006
    L.A. Harbor
    Co-founder. GrabAxe
    Cool, thx for the heads up!
    Sometimes it’s really cool to hear something you already dig in a different context. I’ll never forget hearing a reggae mash up of “I want you back” for the first time, it allowed me to appreciate how great MJ’s vocal was all over again.

Dr. Cheese and bass12 like this.
  3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I am heading off to iTunes right this minute to download it!

bass12 likes this.
  4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Ordered the box set as an import. :)

bass12 likes this.
  5. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I have been listening to it on iTunes. It is great!

bass12 likes this.
  6. bass12

bass12 And Grace, too

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    I almost tagged you in this thread because I figured you'd get a kick out of the album. :)

Dr. Cheese likes this.
  7. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    You were right!

bass12 likes this.
  8. Thank you for the thread. Really really great for bass players and Bernard Edwards fans. He was such a great bass player! Kind of a reduced version of Jamerson that fits into disco, but all the little things and the complexity is still there. There is stuff from people I admire, I learn note for note, sometimes because I learn songs for gigs and even if I write my own line, I want to know the original note for note. Chic/Sister Sledge are one of those bands I listen to since decades and I play along to a lot of their stuff. But just for myself and without any goal. Some of the tracks I got 90% right, but never 100%. Like "Thinking Of You" and "Everybody Dance". Or "Lost In Music". After listening to the remixes, I was really surprised, how many "nuances" I've missed before. Just have spent some hours during the last weeks, listening to the remixes with a bass in my hands and figuring it all out. For Edward-fans, who don't have golden ears or enough patience a MUST. To be honest, I've used some of the remixes in combination with Amazing Slow Downer on my iPad...

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018