Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Chicago area Hi-End Dealer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pablomigraine, Aug 16, 2005.

1. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    I've just gotten off the phone with Mark from BASS CLUB CHICAGO
    Read my threads from this week to get more info on my miserable situation, but suffice to say I had a cabinet blow up and needed a replacement fast.

I'd been looking into Schroeders (see megathread). Everyone here seems to love them, so I gave Schroeder a call and Jorg recommended Mark at Bass Club.

So I called Mark, and explained to him that I'm three states away, and Needed My new Schroeder at my door By thursday nite at the lastest for my Friday Show. Now Apparently this Guy's Grand Opening was just Yesterday, and he wasn't even at his shop....but he said he understood my situation, drove over to his shop, packed up the cabinet and sent it out UPS Overnight to make sure I got it in time...

He took alot of time with me about this cabinet, and talked with me at length about the kind of sound I was looking for, my volume requirements, weight considerations etc.....even though I had pretty much decided on the Schroeder already. It was Clear the guy was busy, but he took the time needed to make me comfy with the sale.

Now, I'm not one for shameless promo, for manufacturers or dealers, but If anybody is shopping for high-end gear around Chicago, or needs to get thier hands on a Schroeder, give this guy a call.

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Thats great to hear dude. I'm glad you got your schroeder ordered, be sure you have a mop to clean up after your guitarists cause they're ganna crap themselves when they hear how loud it is. :D

-Rob

3. I'm going to have to check it out...

4. I saw his ad in the Illinois Entertainer and was very interested!!! Alsip isn't to far of a drive for me. His site could use some work though :meh: I was a web designer in a past life think I could barter for some gear :D

5. relayer66

relayer66

Oct 10, 2002
    Miura, Japan
    Yeah, I've checked his site out and it seems like a great enhancement to the Chicago area. I could easily drive there since I live in the northern suburbs, but I'm wondering if I should order my Schroeder from somewhere else to avoid IL sales tax? I think it's like 9% in Chicago.
    Well, I'll have to give him a call.

6. seaKamp

seaKamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    Awesome, I'll have to check that out!!!

Not to be a threadjack but could someone list a couple of good amp repair shops in the Chicagoland area? THANKS!

-Craig

7. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    I talked to Mark a few months back when he was putting the store together. I mentioned in some emails to talk to Jorg as there's nowhere in Chicago for people to try Schroeders out. Looks like it worked out - good to hear.

Looks like he's carrying some nice stuff. Between this and Maken Music it's nice to have a place for higher end gear. I'm shocked it's taken this long to have a Bass-only store in Chicago.

8. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    i was at maken music to see their new store and was kind of disapointed in their bass selection;they had 4-5 mtd's including a neck-through 5,3-4 modulas and 3 music man's.thats it for bass amp wise they had a few swr amps and 3-4 cabs.i asked the guy who was showing me around why so little bass stuff and he said they felt most bassist buy high-end stuff directly and they weregoing to be more of a guitar shop from now on,so maybe this new place will fill the void

9. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Wow, that's pretty disappointing. I haven't been there in over a year. Last I was there they had a bunch of MTD, Modulus, Lakland USA, Fender Custom, Rob Allen, I even played with their NS upright. It's the first place I got to try out Aguilar gear. Too bad. The shop off of Lake Street was really cool, and I liked that if you were checking out instruments, they'd give you your own studio room with a really nice amp, close the door and leave you alone.

10. Yep to bad... Makin is a nice shop but lacking bass stuff for sure....I've aquired several things there over the years...
    We needed and all bass place.