New Cirrus!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sock Justice, May 28, 2003.

1. Well, the Fedex guy dropped this off around noon yesterday...

(Tasteful side couch shot)

(front shot)

(showing off the not-too-highly-figured top)

My hands are the sorest they've ever been.

So, does this qualify me for the Peavey Club? 'Cause I'm not down with the paddling thing.

2. rollo47

rollo47 Wraggotry in Motion

Nov 12, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    oh my...... very nice. Shiny. I love it. Go the racing stripes, too!!
  3. dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    Pretty. Very pretty.

I played a 5 string Cirrus the other day in a music store, and if I had the $1300 the store was asking I would have bought it. I am still amazed at how well it played and sounded. Its a PEAVEY for God's sake! A PEAVEY!!!!

My brain will not comprehend it.....

Anyway, VERY nice...

4. Very nice Man!!! Is that the Alder with Maple top and Neck, or walnut body? Can't really tell.
  5. Mike

Sep 7, 2000

Man, if I could find a 5 with a maple top I'd be all over it. Just can't find one.. (used that is)

Great basses... Not just great for a Peavey. ;)
  6. uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Alder... The Maple and Redwood tops have alder bodies with maple & purpleheart stringers on the neck, and the Wenge, Walnut & Bubinga tops have walnut bodies with maple & walnut stringers on the neck.

- Frank.
  7. DB5

Jul 3, 2001
    Austin Texas
    Very Nice & Welcome to the Cirrus World
  8. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Sock Justice.... strikes again.

I've had a Cirrus 4 since 1999, and I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've been enjoying mine the past four years. It's a great insturment.

9. That's actually what I was waiting for originally, a Cirrus 5, but when this used 6'er came along, I went for it. I mean, for barely (and I mean barely) over $700, in almost new condition, with the hardshell case? I couldn't ignore it. I'm glad I didn't too, I feel right at home on the six strings, especially because now I can play four note chords without it sounding muddy.

10. Sheesh on a leash, you're everywhere, dude. But, yeah, I hope so too. Your Cirrus is a beaut, Sock. I love the peacock blue.

11. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I had a Cirrus 6 for awhile. 6's just weren't my thing. Sold it, have owned too many basses since, back to a Cirrus and a Moon. Life is good.
  12. Sweet Looking bass!!!

I'd like to hear that!! Only Cirrus I tried/heard so far where Walnut-5.

BTW I'm myself looking on getting either a Cirrus or a Thumb BO, picture like that make me drool :p
  13. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    :mad: How come I'm not in the Peavey Club? I have two Cirruses. One in Peacock Blue too :D
    They are beautiful...But I want to be in the Peavey Club. I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA :bawl: