Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Classic Jazz CD Series

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Boplicity, Apr 1, 2001.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Time-Life, jumping on the successful Ken Burns History of Jazz Series and the resultant high sales of his Jazz albums and books, has started their own series of jazz CDs.

The first two are being offered as a set on TV ads for $19.99 plus $3.99 shipping and handling. Other CDs will be offered periodically...no mention of their price.

The debut CDs have thirty songs featuring well known works of Louis Armstrong, Count Basie, Billy Holiday, Nat King Cole, Dave Brubeck, Astrud Gilbertan Getz and many others.

If you have any desire at all to hear such "classic jazz", but don't wish to enrich Burns' pockets any further or would prefer to hear what jazz artists experts at Time-Life feel are important, you can call 1-800-315-3555 for more information.

I am considering ordering at least the first set of CDs. "Considering" is the operative word here. I have yet to make up my mind whether I want a selection of many varied artists and styles or whether I would prefer to concentrate on a more complete approach to just a few artists' works.

jo