New COC rocks!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by NOLA Bass, May 18, 2005.

1. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    I just picked up the new Corrosion of Conformity cd, "In the Arms of God". If you like Sabbath or Soundgarden, then you'll definitely like this. It is a chunky, groovin big old slab of steak with some tasty bass playing throughout.
  2. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I saw COC long long ago, I belive they were playing with Fear Factory and Eye Hate God (back around '95 I think). That was one brutal show and everyone in all three bands kicked major a$$!

I thought they'd broken up a long time ago.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Sweet, America's Volume Dealer was awesome!
  4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Good ol' COC. I remember 'em from WAYYY back when - when they were just starting out as a harcore outfit. I'm originally from Raleigh, NC where they originated and they actually played second fiddle to another local hardcore act called "No Labels".

An old acquaintance of mine (a straight edge dude named Phil Swisher) who had played guitar for another hardcore band called Unicef actually took over on bass in the 80s after Mike Dean left for a while. Bumped into him several years ago when he was still in the band and, at the time, they were struggling hard, looking for a label.
  5. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Cool...I'll definitely check it out. They've been around for a long time...I first heard them back in my skater days, must've been like '88ish. I remeber discovering them and the Misfits around the same time...and being blown away. Is it still the same members, or have they gone through alot of changes?
  6. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    I've heard a few tracks off the newest cd, great stuff. The title track is especially awesome.
  7. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Yeah, I saw them with Motorhead last month and they were awesome, especially when they played "Clean My Wounds." I think I'm going to check this cd out.
  8. I love everything after Blind, so Im gonna have to check out the new one!
  9. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Got it, gonna give it a good listen on my way to work tomorrow. To be continued...
  10. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    man I was hXc into these guy like 5 years ago :-/ there was one song i REALLY liked... I think it may have been clean my wounds. Wow...the memories, maybe I should check this out.
  11. 43% burnt

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    This album Rocks!! I didn't get all the way through it, havent heard the last 2 tracks yet. However, on first listen it kept my attention though about 90% of the tracks. Which is alot for me, I have a very limited attention span for music these days- especially on the 1st listen. Anyway, I think their style evolved nicely on this record. Still has that COC sound, but has some interesting variation in riffs and song structure. My favorite tracks so far are: Infinite War, Paranoid Opiod, and the acoustic song (don't know the name). Highly reccomended :bassist:
  12. Chiba

Mar 11, 2005
    I had to go ahead and throw it on right now. It is a VERY good album; still, my favorites of the 'new' 4-man Sabbathy/riffy-era COC are Deliverance & Wiseblood. I wanna listen to those too. Time to queue up some albums on the ol' iPod...

13. The cd is very good... and check out Stanton Moore ( Galactic) on drums!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: