Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Combo Amp, need help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HazMatador, Dec 3, 2003.

1. HazMatador

HazMatador

Dec 3, 2003
    hallo everyone, I am new here but I have been visiting the forums for a while now and it has assured me in your helpfullness so I beg you this. Well, it is about time I throw the Squier out the window and get a new decent combo amp, I plan on playing it with an Epiphone EB-3 (which supposedly has a really low end) and a Squier Affinity P-Bass (for when I get bored), I play Rock/Classic Rock/Blues, I am looking for something 200W or lower (even though 120W and lower would be preferable) and that isn't too large (no dual 15" guys!), but I can still sit on it (for when im writing some riffs), it would be nice if it could be a kickback but thats not a necessity, and that can be purchased on eBay/musiciansfriend/samash/music123 for $500 or less...any suggestions?

2. fender rumble 100
    just ordered it from musiciansfriend.com
    100 watts $300 15" speaker

3. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    use your own words and get a hartke kickback 12. Its a 120 watts into a 12 inch aluminum speaker. This thing is a tank. The guitarist in my band has one and i use it sumtimes. Its extremely loud. Hes thinkin about selling his for $300 but im not sure what they go for new, i think around 4 sumthing.