1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New-comers Please Read

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    First of all, if you are a new comer, I'd like to say welcome to Talkbass, you have just found so much info about basses and other musical activities you will be sick of this place soon :D

On a serious note, however, Im at Talkbass everyday, learning, reading, discovering new stuff. And everday I come into the [Amps] Forum and have a look if everything is hunky dorey (OK). Each and Every day for the last week there has been a thread started that basicailly asks " I have x amont of dollars, what do I get with it"?

Now I dont want this to sound like every other mods argument, but please, do a search for small combo amps. Do a search for beginners rigs, heads and cabs. Do a search if your wondering about OHMS. It really isnt hard. THEN if you still havent found anything, start a thread, just dont expect to get hundreds of replies.

Im aware that this is a place of learning and sharing thoughts, but alot of thoughs and questions have already been asked around here. Its jsut a matter of searching to see what has happened.

All that said, have a good one and if you have any futher queries, Im just a PM away ;)

-Phil

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I have found the bass amps FAQ, so if you are uncertain about anything in the electrical way of amps, be sure to check this out ;)

Amps F.A.Q.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.