Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New-comers Please Read

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    First of all, if you are a new comer, I'd like to say welcome to Talkbass, you have just found so much info about basses and other musical activities you will be sick of this place soon :D

On a serious note, however, Im at Talkbass everyday, learning, reading, discovering new stuff. And everday I come into the [Amps] Forum and have a look if everything is hunky dorey (OK). Each and Every day for the last week there has been a thread started that basicailly asks " I have x amont of dollars, what do I get with it"?

Now I dont want this to sound like every other mods argument, but please, do a search for small combo amps. Do a search for beginners rigs, heads and cabs. Do a search if your wondering about OHMS. It really isnt hard. THEN if you still havent found anything, start a thread, just dont expect to get hundreds of replies.

Im aware that this is a place of learning and sharing thoughts, but alot of thoughs and questions have already been asked around here. Its jsut a matter of searching to see what has happened.

All that said, have a good one and if you have any futher queries, Im just a PM away ;)

-Phil

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I have found the bass amps FAQ, so if you are uncertain about anything in the electrical way of amps, be sure to check this out ;)

Amps F.A.Q.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.