Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Computer! w00t!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Zoroaster03, Apr 19, 2003.

1. :D

My grandparents bought us a new computer for Easter... it's only been hooked up for a few hours but I have done everything I possibly can on the damned thing! It's so bloody fast! My old one was a 486 - changing straight to a Pentium Zillon with XP from an old dinosaur like that which had 95 on it, it's like being born again!!!!!

w00t!!!!

2. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    Congrats. I guarantee that you will be very pleased with your system but right after you get used to the speed it will get bulkier heavier and just plain lazy. XP does that.

outcome: no great expectations or better still no XP

3. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    XP's the best Windows yet though.. And it's stable too, well on Windows scale but anyways.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i have xp pro running on 3 different computers in my house and i've not had any problems in over a year.

xp's memory handling especially is second to none.

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    do you know the exact specs of the machine?

i went from 98 to xp on the same celeron 433, and xp actually made it run faster, not to mention never crashing. you'll love it!

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  7. I love this machine. I dont know the specs of it - I wouldn't understand all that jargon anyway - and it hasn't crashed yet. The graphics on it are fantastic - I've fallen in love with the backgrounds you can have on the desktop...... :D

w00t! This has been the best Easter ever!

Happy Easter everybody!!!! :D

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I find Win2k Pro is pretty darned stable. I don't think I've had it crash on its own but once...

9. F00k XP. Never had problem with my Windows 98. *shakes fist at Bill Gates*

10. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    Definitely.

11. I have 98. It is very quick with all the col doodads on it, plus the processor and RAM are quick, so it is really quick. Plus with broadband it is really quick. And there is less junk on 98 to slow it down like XP

12. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    WHAT THE HELL IS 'WOOT'??????

13. w00t = Celebratory noise made, during celebrations.

Woop = Sound made during visit to proctologist

14. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Wow from a 486 with 95 to a new pentium with XP? That is quite a difference! I hope you like it! :)

15. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    My dad programs computers for a living.....and he uses win NT on one computer and 2000 on the other I think.....He always stays a step behind the rest of the world, since all the updates have already fixed all the little bugs. on XP, the updates are still flowin, which means there are still kinks.
    also, XP takes up so much more hard drive space than the others.....but oh well, I have XP, and it works, and I am happy with it.

New computers kick ass! Hope it stays in good working order for ya!

16. I'm at my dad's house for all of this week, so I won't be able to play around on it until next Monday, and even then i have to go back to school.
    Bah. :bawl:

I'm already having withdrawals - dad's got 98 on it and it's slower than mine, and the functions on it are different to XP.

BTW, my computer's a completely new one, so it should run smoothly. It definitely kicks @$$.;) :oops: