1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New conspiracy theory.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Axtman, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

1. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    I have been watching a few YouTube videos about flat earth and moon landing hoax. I am tired of the same old same old so I decided what we really need right now is a breath of fresh air. So speaking of air, here is a new conspiracy theory: Airplane flight is impossible.

Think about it how can a plane loaded with passengers and baggage amounting to several tons actually fly? Heck a bowling ball doesn't even fly and it is much lighter than a plane. Airplane manufacturers are making billions of dollars on equipment that will never work. Cities are raking in billions of dollars on building airports that will never be used. Pictures and movies of planes in flight are all doctored up. Planes that you see in the sky are actually projections. The FAA is trying to cover up this fact and repress the real truth.

So what do you goes think? Will this new theory fly?

Stewie26, GonePlaid and IconBasser like this.
  2. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    There will always be somebody, somewhere, who's nuts enough to believe it

Nashrakh, Pilgrim and GregC like this.
  3. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    As someone who works in an airpirt and sees the damn things taking off and landing every day I gotta say you're gonna have a hard time proving this one...but I'm eagerly awaiting your argument.:)

Newer Dave, btmpancake and Wisebass like this.
  4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    download.

...the “theory“ (hypothesis), not @Axtman.

5. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

OP you're really being ridiculous. Just think about it.

If planes couldn't fly, then how are the chemtrails being spread ??

Really, use some logic !

6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Anyone who ever watched online footage of those idiot conspiracy advocates is probably emailing all their friends with the OP's news discovery.

And those people get to vote, too. Be afraid.

7. They're already ahead of you because apparently jet engines don't run on jet fuel, they run on compressed air because there's no way you could store tons and tons of fuel in the wings. Seriously.

Also, what you are proposing isn't really that much of a stretch for flat earthers so it might have some legs if you started making youtube videos about it and mentioning it on the flat earth fb groups and the like. :D

Wisebass likes this.
  8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I have flown quite a bit. I have seen tons of aircraft up close.

That being said....

I used to be an electrician. I was working a job on MCAS Cherry Point once. They do military aircraft maintenance there. So all kinds of aircraft landed and took off there.

None of them bent my brain until a C5 (known affectionately as "the flying warehouse") landed. The ramp came down and FOUR tractor-trailer rigs pulled out of that puppy with trailers in tow.

All of us on my crew just stood and watched silently for what seemed like forever. Then my helper said (in typical southern drawl) "I don't care what nobuddy sez. Dat ain't spozeduh fly raht there."

I agreed.

9. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    The more I think about it the more it makes sense.....in a perverse logical type of way that all conspiracy theories work.

If man never learned to fly then we never sent a man into space. If we never sent a man into space then we never landed on the moon. Moon landing was faked.

If we never sent a man into space then we never looked down to see that the earth is a globe. So the earth is flat.

If we never flew then WWII never happened. If WWII never happened then the Holocaust never happened. So the Holocaust deniers are right.

JFK knew that we could never go to the moon (even though he told the America public otherwise) so they had to silence him and pin it on some loser. JFK assassination was an inside job.

Give me a minute and I will see if I can tie in other conspiracy theories.

FilterFunk, yodedude2, ak56 and 4 others like this.
  10. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi Axtman :)

I am sure you are right! :D

You Sir are part of the conspiracy! :roflmao:

You too! :laugh: (hope you are fine btw, don 't "take off" ;):thumbsup:)

Actually they run on water! The last time I recieved goods from an airport,
    I had to pay the "shipping"!!!! (That kinda says it all!):rage:

Wise(b)ass

yodedude2, Oddly and two fingers like this.
  11. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    Make sure to fit the Lizard People in there somewhere too

12. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    The truth is, there is no truth.

SPOOKY

13. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    While you're at it, explain to me how something like a cruise ship "floats". We're talking about a chunk of steel weighing over 220,000 tons and I'm expected to believe that it just sits all pretty on the oceans surface? Something doesn't make sense----I call foul.

14. rendevouz

rendevouz

Jan 8, 2013
    I have no problem with airplanes flying its boats that get me they really shouldn't be able to float I mean just look at them they're way to heavy:eek:
    I'm sure it's some kind of alien technology that the government isn't telling us:rage:

(I'm kidding I know of the buoyancy principal, however I'm still against boats floating:bag:)

ONYX likes this.
  15. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    The lizard people in government are spraying aerosol aluminum into the air with passenger planes to dumb us down so we buy the line that global warming isn't real. That way when it gets too hot for us, and we die off, they will take over and signal their atheist hermaphrodite frog overlords to come to their new homeworld.

GregC, fhm555, Wisebass and 1 other person like this.
  16. One day man will walk on the moon.

17. IconBasser

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    But how can this be true if planes aren't real?

socialleper likes this.
  18. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    I bet they'll look like this:

upload_2018-9-14_13-22-32.

19. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Racist.