Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New convert to Dingwall

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Danksalot, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Danksalot

Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings
    Okay, so the brown truck showed up today carrying my very first Dingwall! It's a Whale Pool Blue Afterburner I 6-String with a flame maple top. This thing ROCKS!!!

I have other basses with great "B" strings on them, but I think this just may rival them all. Here are the pictures from the Bass Central (Thanks Gard!) website until I can get my camera talking to my computer.

My Dingwall

2. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    Congrats!!I've had alot of equipment over many years and count my Dingwall as the best piece I've ever owned!!Enjoy!!

3. Good stuff. Can't wait to see some pics.

4. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Got MY Prima back today! Sweet as could be! Wish it still had the tool kit & gig bag strap(go figure).

Anyways, congrats & good luck. Sheldon is an ace & he builds bass' that sound as good as they look + last!

~S~

5. Congrats-
    can't wait to see picts of you playing the bass. Did you have any problems adapting to th efanned fretboard?
    For the price you'll hardly find another bass w/ a "B" string that sounds as good. The playability and tone of these basses is IMO unrivaled. I can't say enough great things about Sheldons work.
    I've even caught rumor today that my 2 yr wait is over. My avatar is coming to life
    Enjoy your new bass
    frank

6. Sweet Frank! When did you get that pic? Is that your body?

Maybe I'll stop in the shop and try to snag a peak at it. Unless its already shipped.

7. Congrats!

I think the AB I is the best bass out there for the money. I recently upgraded mine with an an Aguilar OBP-3 and it absolutely rocks! :bassist:

A situation has just arisen where I need to sell one of my Dingwalls, and I chose to keep the AB I over my AB II. No doubt though, when things smooth out financially, I will replace it with another Dingwall. Most likely with one similar to the one in Franks's avatar. ;)

8. Danksalot

Danksalot

Apr 9, 2003
    Dallas, Texas, USA
    Endorsing Artist: SIT Strings

It took no time at all to adapt, except maybe the four days I spent dreaming about my new bass while it was in the mail!

My Pedulla has a "B" string that sounds this good when you have the controlls set just right. The Dingwall sounds this good no matter what tone you're going for.

This board and most of you guys that have posted in this thread are some of the main reasons I ended up getting this bass. Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions.

Danksalot

9. Just curious, why did you keep the AB I? I own an AB I and love it but isn't the AB II even better, i.e. more versatile electronics?

10. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Impressive.....most impressive........Now you know the POWER of fanned frets!!! :bag: