1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Country Recording

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Aaron_D, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Aaron_D

Aaron_D

May 9, 2010
    Tallahassee, FL
    http://tobaccord.bandcamp.com/track/this-is-the-place

My band Tobacco Road just finished our first recording session together. This is the first song we have back from mixing. Overall I think the recording quality is great. I went direct and mic'd mixed, pumping my shuttle 6.0 2x10 for a little grind.

If anyone has any critiques, criticisms, or opinions--I would love to hear them. In the past you guys have been a great resource for me so dont be afraid to criticize...I can take it! :bassist:

2. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Bass sounds good. Overall band sound is basic but strong. Guitar break, while not jaw-dropping, has a couple of unexpected bits, that's a good thing.

My only quibble would be the lyric needs to say something unique about the place, or how times got hard, or one of the (dozen) girls the singer fell in love with. As is, it's a bit generic. Needs a "grabber" phrase of some sort.

But nice work! Keep pluggin'!

PS TB is loaded with guys who can't wait to say how much they hate country music. Ignore them.

3. kcarr

kcarr

Aug 26, 2010
    Statesboro,GA
    Good sound and licks. Basic as stated but strong and modern country.

I like it. Good work.

4. deltadave

deltadave

May 5, 2010
    Man I think that right there is a good track... really feeling it.. can hear that on the radio here in Mississippi ;)

5. Great song man!!! My only critique would be the guitar solo. It doesn't build. When he should go higher to build intensity, he plays a lower riff.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021