Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new Creed video

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by geshel, Jul 23, 2002.

1. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha. . . .

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

OMG this hurts I have to stop laughing.

hahahahahahaha!!

Actually to tell the truth I sat in shocked silence watching that.

2. Do we even want to know any details?

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I´m watching it right now, it´s pretty pathetic.

IMHO Creed are way past their prime, they are still doing some sort of "hero" rock with "epic" videos. Basically they´ve become stagnant.

4. i liked the last one with the baptism imagery and such. :rolleyes:

can't wait to see this one.

5. This necessarily implies that they ever had a prime in the first place. :D

6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    thank you!

f

7. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    My bad :oops:

;)

8. indeed... kinda reminds me of Spinal Tap.

stonehenge! :D

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Do we at least get a crucifix pose?

10. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    What you get is a cartoonized Scott Stapp, as some sort of avenging angel (complete with wings), battling a dragon and some sort of Dark Lord. They tried to make it look like a video game, complete with incredibly repetetive motion.

It's hilarious (if disturbing). Ooh! Scott Stapp-Angel does a spin kick! Ooh! there's another one! but the Dark Lord blocked it! Ooh! now he does a jumping spin kick! The Dark Lord recoils! Oh No, the Dark Lord does a foot sweep while he's down!

Astonishing.

11. Def Jam spent over a million dollars making a video very similar to what you're describing, for Sisqo's "Unleash the Dragon." One of Russell Simmons' lieutenants looked at it, said "You've got to be kidding," and shelved it permanently.

So, it figures that Stapp would want something so ridiculous.

12. :eek: that is ASTOUNDING. i can't wait to see it.

blaspheriffic!

13. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    so is this video as blatantly christian as everything else they've done? judging by the description of the stapp-angel, i am going to assume it is.

14. I think Jesus is plenty insulted by this.

15. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    Yes, if the God that Scott Stapp loves so much really exists, he will do hopefully do us all a favor and b!tchslap Creed into nonexistence.

16. SCOTT STAPP MAKES THE BABY JESUS CRY!

17. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    oh, i misunderstood all this.

its good then.

f

18. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    ...the chorus part -- "Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!" Okay Scott, we're lookin' at ya! It's your band and you're the center of attention. We get it. You are our generation's Led Zeppelin. I also like how the guys in the CGI video are drawn all muscle-y and stuff. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

I love the part in the "My Sacrifice" video, where Scott passes up that hot chick and saves himself instead, so he can sing to himself! Does Mark Tremonti only have one pose? I think they superimpose him from video to video, because his stance never changes!

On a more serious note, I am probably going to be "forced" to go to a Creed show by my girlfriend -- payback for the three GWAR shows I "forced" her to endure. I think I'm gonna wear a Pentagram T-shirt and yell "you suck!" during a quiet interlude. I hope I don't get assaulted by an angry mob of Creedites.

19. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Only in the sense that Scott Stapp hates Christianity because of his terrible upbringing and somehow this translates into making himself Jesus.

I think some therapy is in order. . .