Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new crest lt1000 (or not)?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jbass67, May 10, 2004.

1. jbass67

jbass67

Nov 17, 2003
    i just got my lt1000 delivered today & i'm not sure if i have a problem. e-mailed the dealer prior to purchase & asked if it bridges @ 4 ohms to which he replied yes @ 1300w. that confirmed that i wanted it but when i opened the owner's manual it says 8 ohms minimum bridged. does anyone know if the amp specs were upgraded or did i get an older model?
    i have an e-mail into crest but i wanted to see if anyone knew before i register the warranty & accept purchase.

thanks

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    8 ohms minimum would mean that you can't bridge it at 16 ohms. - I think :/

3. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    I have recently acquired a LT1500 and from all of the lit at the Crest website, and the hardcopy manual I have, it looks like you can run any of the LT series bridged at 4 ohms.

http://www.crestaudio.com/products/ltseries/lt1000.cfm

You could always call Crest and ask them if there were older amps that wouldn't tolerate 4 Ohms in bridged mode, but I doubt that is the case.

And I don't know where Karrot is coming from, but minimum means "not less than", so 16 Ohms would be OK, though uncommon.

4. jeflepard

jeflepard

Nov 11, 2003
    USA Atlanta, Ga
    I owned the LT 1500 and I ran it in bridged mode thru a 4 ohm bergantino cab with no problems. It is a great power amp. Call Brian Barrett at the The low end . He has a lot of experence with these amps.

5. jbass67

jbass67

Nov 17, 2003
    talked to crest today & one of the techs said the manual does state do not bridge below 8 ohms. he also said they do advertise on the website as bridgeable at 4 ohms. he personally does not recommend bridging any amp at 4 ohms
    because the extra wattage has negligable volume as opposed to the stress on the amp. does anyone else bridge at 4 ohms without any problems?

6. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I don't have a Crest but I bridge my QSC at 4 ohms with no problems.

I know that doesn't help.