new crest lt1000 (or not)?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jbass67, May 10, 2004.

1. jbass67

Nov 17, 2003
    i just got my lt1000 delivered today & i'm not sure if i have a problem. e-mailed the dealer prior to purchase & asked if it bridges @ 4 ohms to which he replied yes @ 1300w. that confirmed that i wanted it but when i opened the owner's manual it says 8 ohms minimum bridged. does anyone know if the amp specs were upgraded or did i get an older model?
    i have an e-mail into crest but i wanted to see if anyone knew before i register the warranty & accept purchase.

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    8 ohms minimum would mean that you can't bridge it at 16 ohms. - I think :/
  3. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    I have recently acquired a LT1500 and from all of the lit at the Crest website, and the hardcopy manual I have, it looks like you can run any of the LT series bridged at 4 ohms.

You could always call Crest and ask them if there were older amps that wouldn't tolerate 4 Ohms in bridged mode, but I doubt that is the case.

And I don't know where Karrot is coming from, but minimum means "not less than", so 16 Ohms would be OK, though uncommon.
  4. jeflepard

Nov 11, 2003
    USA Atlanta, Ga
    I owned the LT 1500 and I ran it in bridged mode thru a 4 ohm bergantino cab with no problems. It is a great power amp. Call Brian Barrett at the The low end . He has a lot of experence with these amps.
  5. jbass67

Nov 17, 2003
    talked to crest today & one of the techs said the manual does state do not bridge below 8 ohms. he also said they do advertise on the website as bridgeable at 4 ohms. he personally does not recommend bridging any amp at 4 ohms
    because the extra wattage has negligable volume as opposed to the stress on the amp. does anyone else bridge at 4 ohms without any problems?
  6. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I don't have a Crest but I bridge my QSC at 4 ohms with no problems.

I know that doesn't help.