New custom bass, almost two months early!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DeLorean, Feb 16, 2004.

1. I ordered a Pedulla HexaBuzz, and was told to expect it around the end of March. It arrived almost two months early, I picked it up on Friday (02/13/04). This is even nicer than the one I had played that convinced me to order it! I knew this was going to be my 'big dog' bass, so went all out with the quilt maple (only available as a 5A 'limited edition' upgrade from the 3A upgrade), and am very happy with the looks. This thing is incredible. I had to get a replacement battery for my digital camera, and it isn't working as well as it used to but here are a couple body shots:

I spent quite a while playing it over the weekend (about 6 hours on Saturday (Valentine's day...) and my wife even approved because of the grin on my face the whole time), and am happier with it than a politician in a pork barrel. :) I wish I had done this a long time ago. It has amazing tone (and very variable), and is very even over the whole neck. Position shifts are almost too easy, I've never found a neck that my hand felt more at home on. Mr. Pedulla delivered heaven in a bass case. I'm going to have to look into some recording gear now... :bassist: :hyper: :bassist:
  2. Absolutely gorgeous !!
    I've always loved that Pedulla body shape.

3. Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    I love the neck more than anything. Those things look smoothe...

Congrats on the bass :)
  4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    That's BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the color!!!

Congrats, man!! I know you gotta love it!!
  5. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I've never played a fretless Pedulla, but have always heard of the "Pedulla MWAH" as being the sweetest out there.... What's your assessment???
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It''s... pink.

Coooool. Can I touch it?

Seriously, I absolutely dig the heck out of Pedulla's, the Buzz/MVPs in particular, and that is probably one of the, if not the, nicest looking ones I've ever seen. I just need to own one, is all.
  7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Yow, file under "gorgeous".

Conmgrats. that's as beautiful as they come. Enjoy.
  8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's a beautiful color. very nice :)
  9. I end up staring at it for a couple minutes each time I am pulling it out (the bass that is...)(then the overwhelming desire to play it takes over :)). The pinkish look is my camera's fault, it really is a wonderful purple (violet, on the Pedulla color chart) in person.

It has "mwah" to spare, favor the bridge pickup and pluck up by the neck (or just over) and it will satisfy even the biggest appetite for "mwah". I'm finding it much easier to stay in tune with this, the fundamental note just feels stronger than on other fretlesses I've tried and/or owned.
  10. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    Congratulations, that's a beautiful piece. Care to share a pic of the headstock and backside?
  11. I have one of the headstock that turned out great, but is 1024x768 and doesn't resize well. I'll get a few more tomorrow before a possible short gig (not holding my breath on that one though...) in the afternoon.
  12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Congrats! Pedulla makes a great fretless.
  13. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Whoa, that's a great color and some of the best quilt I have seen. Congrats. I'd love to hear some sound clips.
  14. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I really like the look of the bass. I would love to try one one of these days. Congratulations! :hyper:
  15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Oh yeah Baby! That bass is Darned Sexxy!
  16. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    it's been said before and probably will be again but very nice. I have always liked the Pedulla MVP/Buzz body shape, especially on 5 and 6's. Quite beautiful quilt and finish as well.
  17. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Pedulla is certainly in my top 5 bass companies. First bass I felt I *needed* was a Thunderbolt 5er with 19mm spacing. Oh momma that was nice. My favorite fretless is still the Penta/Hexa buzzes. Though I did play a super Rapture J-2 with a coated fretboard, and that was a little slice of heaven too.

As soon as I can, I intend to get an Pentabuzz, preferably in that green/blue burst. Mmmmm... Pedulla.
  18. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Congratulations! What a beautiful instrument! I played a PentaBuzz at the local GC this weekend. I'm convinced that Pedullas are THE fretless to get. They really do sing. I'm planning on getting one sometime later this year. It'll be a nice companion for my Thunderbolt. Enjoy! :D