1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new custom bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 7, Sep 17, 2001.

1. 7

Dec 23, 2000
    i finally decided that no one made a bass to the specs i want so im gonna build a warmoth custom. when i get the money so itll be a little while but im planing on this
    specs:
    body: dinky p bass carved top flame mapel with emerald dye paint with natural body binding and black back
    neck: maple/ maple j bass neck with water silk finish
    parts: gotoh 206 bridge string through, gotoh tuners
    electronics: 2 emg 35 dc soapbars , emg bts eq system
    then there all the little stuff like graphite nut straplocks ans that stuff but i dont want to type all that

2. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I hear tell Warmoth is an immense value...worth more than twice their cost. I myself and gonna frankenbass my current bass with Warmoth parts in the future.

And isn't that quileted Emerald just the coolest finish? I want that on the one I'm gonna get around to building in the future. Gonna have a black back, or a natural finish on that Green quilt?

3. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    dont forget the pictures! :D

4. 7

Dec 23, 2000
    i was thinking about a black back so i dont kill the finish on the back with a buckle or somthing
    and its gonna be awhile for pics cuz i need to save up some more $$ before i can order it so i have to wait even longer now

5. Take a look at David Pushic Customs. They're supposed to be about the bes value around, and you can get everythink to YOUR specs. You can even design the body, as a few here on the boards can attest. My next bass will probably be a DP Custom 6 with just about everything you can imagine on it.