1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

For Trade New D'Addario NYXL 45-100 for Ernie Ball Cobalt Round Wound

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by jhfishn, Dec 26, 2017.

1. jhfishn

jhfishn Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Mays Landing, NJ
    Price:
    I have a brand new never opened box of D'Addario NYXL 45-100 strings that I'd like to trade for a brand new set of Ernie Ball Cobalt bass strings 45-100

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

If you still have the NYXL's, I'd be down for that.

3. jhfishn

jhfishn Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Mays Landing, NJ
    I actually went ahead and used them

Thanks
    Jim

4. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

No problem. I've used a set before and they're pretty nice. ;)

On a related note, if you haven't already, you might want to give D'Addario's Flex Steels a try. I suspect they were their answer to EB's Cobalt strings. They have a similar "growl" to them and possibly a bit more flex to them (living up to their namesake) due to their lower tension. Sadly, they've been discontinued, so the places that carry them (Guitar Center's website, etc…) will eventually run out.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021