1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Dave LaRue Interview

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by KenneyNYC, Mar 8, 2020.

1. KenneyNYC

KenneyNYC Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Here's an interview I did with Dave LaRue for Bass Magazine recently. Dave was in NYC to do a show with our mutual brother Glenn Alexander and Van Romaine at Iridium. Dave's been a fixture in the bass community for a long time and for good reason. He's a great player and a good guy to boot. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Vr6LILs1vlw

PaulS, kobass, JimmyM and 2 others like this.
  2. el jeffe bass

el jeffe bass

Nov 22, 2013
    New Mexico
    That was great. I loved how he was playing through out the interview, put an instrument in a musicians hands and they WILL play. Thanks for sharing this.

3. KenneyNYC

KenneyNYC Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Glad you liked it

4. PJ Muzikmansky

PJ Muzikmansky Supporting Member

Now that's what you call an understatement :D

5. PaulS

PaulS

Jan 19, 2016
    New Jersey
    Man I saw Dave Glenn and Van in a club in New Brunswick NJ about 15 years ago. Great guy, love his stuff with Steve Morse. Fun fact, my wife was in advertising and Glenn played guitar in one of her commercials.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    So Dave must have a NYC band and a Fla band. Down here he does gigs with Bobby Koeble on guitar and Dru Betts on drums. I know both those guys and have worked with them before, and they take a backseat to nobody.

7. chanson

chanson Supporting Member

Nice...Dave is super under appreciated in my opinion. Love his stuff with Steve Morse. His playing on Petruccis solo album is actually really great too. Thanks for the interview!