Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New DB 750 ...Rocks!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Psycho Funk, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Just picked up a DB750 from a fellow TBer and thought I'd give a short review.

It's awesome. OK I'll elaborate. I've tried most amps/preamps in the eternal quest for sonic Nirvana. Lost alot of money along the way but I can't help myself. My current rig of Demeter 201s and Stewart 2.1 through SWR 410 or Epifani 3x10 is excellent, punchy, quick, etc. but lacked some of the warm gooey booty of a 'tube amp' but hey I'm not lugging around 100lbs. of amp. 50lbs is tolerable so...I try a DB 750 at my local toy store and said "I gotta get one of these". Found one on a site and boom, got one.

Can't say enough about this amp, warm yet clear with big sound. And loud!!!!!!!! Loud rehearsal with 2 Half stacks and a loud drummer and I never had it above the 9 o'clock mark on master. I lack Jokers way with words but it's the shnitz.

2. and another thing.
    The DB 750 through the Epifani 3x10 with my Sadowsky V5( I said I'm on the eternal quest for aural Nirvana) with the EQ flat almost made me cry. The boys in the band agreed and want me to use that setup only.

Just thought I'd share that.

3. Congratulations and thank you for sharing. My lust for an Aguilar amp continues to grow.

Just out of curiousity, where is your "local toy store?" Does Guitar Villa stock Aguilar products? I'm planning a trip to PA around the holidays.

Thanks,
    Seth (a Lehigh Valley transplant)

4. Yep,
    Guitar Villa has a lot of nice toys. They have aguilar, epifani, Eden, Demeter, Bag End and Ampeg etc.. The Quakertown store has The Aggie 750.
    Note I don't work there, just spend alot of dough there.

5. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    That amp sounds great through any cab and any bass!!:bassist:

6. Thanks. I didn't know G.V. has a Quakertown location. Enjoy your new amp.