Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new DB'er looking for teacher... FL panhandle

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by DoubleBrian, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Hi all, my name is Brian, I've just recently gotten myself a DB after playing EB for about 5 years. I LOVE this thing! However, I'm hoping to find a teacher soon(concentrating mostly on jazz :cool: ), so that I'm able to get rid of any bad habits I may have already formed and progress into serious DB. It seems like this region(NW Florida) isn't the best for finding teachers of DB as I've been searching on the internet and have been asking friends around here if they know anybody able and willing, so if any of you happen to know of a teacher please :help: ........ I love these smilies.

2. Welcome to TBDB Brian.
    There's bass web site run by a guy named Bob Gollihur....almost anything you need in there concerning both slabs and DB's. He has, under the DB section, a complete, international directory of bass luthiers (makers and repair people) and teachers available all over the world.
    www.gollihur.com

3. Excellent. Sounds like the type of resource I need. Thanks a bunch, Paul :)