1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW! DD-7 and Boss Slicer Demo Vids

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tumpinjahosafat, Mar 11, 2008.

1. tumpinjahosafat

tumpinjahosafat Guest

Nov 11, 2006
  2. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    Hmm DD-7 might be worth trying just cause of the stereo in/out.

Does the slicer require stereo rigs to do stereo panning or would it work the sam running into 2 channels on a mixer?

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    The DD-6 and many other pedals have stereo inputs, too. I made a whole list of pedals with stereo inputs a while back, in fact. :D

I'm VERY intrigued by this new DD-7... all the nice features of the DD-6, plus modulated delay and expression pedal control in a compact pedal?!?

It looks AWESOME. :bassist:

4. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    ....wait hold on a second. Does this expression pedal controll delay times!?!?:eek:

I've dreamed of owning a Boss DD that had an exp. pedal in to controll delay times so I can controll that awesome self oscillation by foot. Please tell me this is my answer.

5. tumpinjahosafat

tumpinjahosafat Guest

Nov 11, 2006
    im pretty sure it controls the tempo, tap tempo out?

6. The Slicer, if it does what I interpreted (with different rhythms ect.), may be some competition for the Empress.

7. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    That will greatly dissappoint me if it can't controll delay time. :(

8. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    I'm really glad they included midi control for the slicer -- not necessary but a definite plus. Same goes for the internal looper. Very DJ/keyboard friendly. Too bad my slicing needs are taken care of.

Hmm, a Boss delay that can do proper Radiohead and/or dub sounds all in one box... neat. If it has twenty seconds of loop time, does that mean it also has twenty seconds of delay time?

9. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I bet this is going to be more expensive than the RE-20 and about $10 less than the DD-20

Looks interesting though

10. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    The first line of dialog in the Slicer video...

"Do you want to inject some AdrenaLinn into your sound?" :rolleyes:

-- T. G. --

11. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Mar 9, 2008
    Anyone find any info on the DD-7 other than the sound clips? How long is the looping time?

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The slicer was a fantastic effect on the older boss multi's. I'm so glad they're released it as a stand alone pedal.

13. Silent Fly

Silent Fly Supporting Member Commercial User

May 8, 2006
    London - UK
    Owner/designer [sfx]
    Being an AdrenaLinn III enthusiast, I noticed exactly the same thing straight away :)

I don't know the details of Slicer (I haven't had the time to watch all the videos yet) but to me, it sounds similar to the AdrenaLinn.

...with the significant difference that (besides the drums-synchronized effects and the impressive midi implementation of the Ad3) the Ad3 is also one of the best multi-fx on the market (IMO).

14. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    ugh! just when i wanted to get rid of my DD-3 for an echo box!!!

15. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    the email i had from roland today said that the expression can control delay time, but i'm more excited about the tap tempo socket - no more holding for ages and then tapping! pretty much exactly why i've been after a dd5 for ages!!

16. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
  17. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Is that because you have nothing better to do?

18. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    "Delay time, feedback, and effect level can be controlled via external Expression pedal" Well hot damn!

19. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I've got a research paper proposal, a few cases to study, some Spanish homework, band practice, a new forum to moderate, and another gig in two weeks.

I've got plenty to do. :D

20. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    This site is taking pre-orders for £115, or about $230US. That's right in the DD-20 and RE-20 range, and once you add an expression pedal and external tap tempo pedal, the result is no longer all that "compact."

Still, more choice is generally a good thing, and it will probably be just what a number of people are looking for.

-- T. G. --