Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Dean Thumb BO.........

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CaracasBass, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yes, Woodchuck has one. Good bass, ive played one.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ah, god, dreadful mental images

:p

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    That is a mix between a thumb and a dolphin. Kinda cool, and I wou;d probably play one.

5. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    besides bein a complete diffren tone wood, body style, pickup style, and quality of hardware.....sure its a thumb clone!

6. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Mahogany neck and body, rosewood board....that thing will probably sound really weak, especially the B string.

7. i played one...felt great never plugged it in i wasn't really impressed by the hardware and the pickups seemed cheap but reasonably priced for what you're getting

8. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Me too!! :hyper:

9. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Hmm... $560 at music123. If it has decently wide string spacing, it's MIINNNEEEEE!

10. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    I can understand when companies from asia produce cheap clones of well-known basses. But when it's a big company like Dean, I think they could at least come up with their own designs! :mad:

11. Fliptrique

Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    ????

12. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Looks like Dean just improved on the utterly dismal ergonomics of the Warwick Thumb, and made it into a bass cheap enough for just about anyone to purchase. Sounds cool to me.

13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Not quite. I played a Gibson Les Paul 5 string with the same woods and it sounded friken great.

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah. What you said.

15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

:smug: come now they look NOTHING a like ;)

:D

16. HAHAHAHAHAHA! Tou-che!

Also, I like the look of the Dean better than the Warwick it resembles from the 1st posting's link

(edited to better explain my initial comment, thus killing any effect it had in the first place and negating any past postes rebutting my initial comments.... dig?)

17. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    pwned :D

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I have a 4 & a 5 and they're pretty good basses. The 4 is my fave of the two, because it has growl for days! The B on the 5 isn't bad, but I converted to E to C for solos and whatnot. Both basses definately cut through with no problem. My guitarist switched companies. He now plays a Gibson Firebird through a Marshall stack, and that Sledgehammer 4 gets through with NO problem! As for companies not having "original" designs............