Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Death Angel

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, May 5, 2004.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    :bassist: Has anyone heard it? I loved them back in the day, I'm hoping the new release is good. I just bought what amounts to a complete bathroom so I'm a little broke, but if it's good I'll charge it.:D Anyone?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I was a bit disappointed. I mean, it's good, but no smasher.
    I expected a bit more, there are no killer tracks on it, and the songs sound a bit dated, but some may cherish exactly that. It seems like no time passed since Act III in terms of songwriting style and sound.

Or maybe I'm just spoiled by my favorite metal band (see sig). :p

3. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    the Opeth DVD is very cool. I guess I'm going to get the Death Angel CD anyway, if just for nostalgia's sake.

4. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    "Welcome to the third floor....."

I haven't heard these guys in years. Whats the name of their new disc? Is it still the same line up?

Now I need to dig out some old stuff.

5. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
  6. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Cool, thanks for the link Josh. I don't know why I didn't just google it? :confused:

Let me know how it is! If you like it and if you think it's worth picking up....I'll go and get it.

I found an old cassette of "The Ultra-Violence" last night, This tape is so old, it really sounded like $***. I need to get some more discs.

7. [​IMG]

Death Angel 2004

I'm a fan,so I guess I'll get the cd as soon as possible.

8. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I have a live album from them called "Fall From Grace". I guess it's a bit rare. I don't know; I bought it for like a dollar at this odds and ends store.

9. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I'm only one track in, but I agree. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

10. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Good deal SMASH! It will take you back in a good way.

11. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I saw them at the end of 2003 and I'm going to see them again on May 14th. can't wait.

Last time me and my wife hung out after the show and talked to Rob for awhile, great guy.

Last time during the show, Mark would occasionally put the mike in front of me and my wife and we would get to sing with Mark, that was pretty cool. "Welcome to the third floor, it's a one way trip then they lock the door".

Yea, good times.