1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Delay Beast from DigiTech

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FreaqyFrequency, Apr 5, 2009.

1. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    Hmmm....I think we discussed it a bit before...in a NAMM thread? Looks neat.

2. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    Vista, CA
    Would have been awesome if Hendrix had one of these back in the day. I'm not a huge fan of the tones coming from it but the features are awesome.

3. There are so many effects you could say that of today. It's encouraging to think of. :)

4. This or the DD-20?

5. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    I actually can't wait to see this in stores... Seems like a nice alternative to an Eventide Delay...

6. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    im curious how the harmonies stack up against the pitchfactor

7. I don't think they will, and if I were to get this, it wouldn't be for that functionality. It does seem, however, that it will make a formidable foe to the Eventide TF, depending on the cost.

8. i still like the tc electronic :(

all those blinking lights seem distracting

9. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I watched Pro Guitar Shop's demo today. Definitely some interesting features, and it appears that this thing can make some great textures. But I'm not into delays, so I'm GAS-free

10. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, I feel ya...I'm not into delay much at all anymore, though a nice little slapback can add a bit of texture sometimes. I'm quite happy to use the delay in my Zoom B2 if I ever need it, though.

Looping, OTOH, is something I'm thinking about getting into. Never did it before. Might be interesting, if somewhat limiting. How do you do chord changes on a looper?

11. gribuski

gribuski

Aug 7, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I think Jimi's sound was perfect the way it was. :cool:

12. theunknowndude

theunknowndude Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Adelaide, Australia
    get a really long looper Jimmy, the DL8 is 20 seconds but I think the boss dd7 (?) goes up to 40...

I generally never loop more than 5 seconds or so though... just use it as a nice background riffage and then put layers or solo over it :)

13. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    The Boomerang lets you store different sections, eg verse/bridge/chorus. And the Boss RC20 / Digitech Jamman let you use an external footswitch to change loops.

14. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Getting a dedicated looper would help, since you would have a longer looping time, and some of them you can have different loops as well. For example, the Boss RC-50 can have three loops going on, which I think you can either have all playing together or switch between them separately.

15. $300 Street price $449.99 List on MF

16. I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT

for psychedelic 2-man drum and bass doom sludge stoner metal with lots of gain and stuff that thing would rule