1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New delta blues two piece, "Terraplane Blues and Taxi Service"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Cy_Miles, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Cy_Miles

Cy_Miles

Feb 3, 2005
    I've gotten together with a guy playing and singing his own take on tradional acoustic blues.

Making homage and enjoying the music of Robert Johnson, Son House, Rev Gary Davis, without being carbon copies, or archival purists.

We just started playing together in the last couple months but we hit it off musically right away and are pretty pleased with what we have to offer.

I recorded him in my living room with a Fostex FD8, and then used those reordings to learn the comlex tunes and dub the bass lines.

I mixed down the tracks at LMS Studio on Hawthorne in PDX

In a month or two we plan on spending a day in a LMS Studio and record live.

For the forseeable future we are happy as a two piece.

My ThunderChief bass and his slide and fingerpicking styles compliment each other and make a big enough sound.

Here's the myspace page I made last night.

http://www.myspace.com/terraplanebluesandtaxiservice

2. Cy_Miles

Cy_Miles

Feb 3, 2005
    put new songs on our myspace page, some more old blues and a couple ragtime tunes

'Slo Drag' and 'Whinin Boy'

plus 'Come Back Baby' an 8 bar blues tune

'The New Casey Jones', 'The Seperation Blues', and 'Candy Man'

3. Cy_Miles

Cy_Miles

Feb 3, 2005
  4. worker201

worker201

Mar 21, 2008
    Temporarily, TX
    Delta of the Willamette, eh? :D

Great stuff.