Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New demo. Tell me what you think!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jock, Aug 11, 2005.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
  2. Whoopy

Whoopy

Aug 2, 2005
    Hey,

Okay I'll review you if you'll review me ( Me being Project Alpha) allright ? :D

T.r.u.l.y.
    Nice demo, good quality.
    The voice of the singer is great, reminds me of Peter Gabriel.
    The background vocals are a bit forced for as far as tone is concerned and here and there off key but that would be no problem if they were a bit more where they belong >>>in the background, they are too loud for my taste and push the lead to far back.
    I think the guitars are to much at front and push the lead voice to much back also. Also I would give the bass some more room, this would make the song a bit smoother if it were a bit more in front.
    It would make the lead voice more dominant if the guitars and background vocals were a bit further back in the mix and that would improve the balance I think.
    Good recording quality however and a good song.
    Sounds professional.

We can dance at home.
    Also here I find the bass to far back and the guitars to much in front they sit "on top"of it all and are not "sunk in" with the rest. Also the piece of singing at the end is niceley done with the effect and all but the singing is off key, a shame really because it's a nice song.

I rob and I steal.

I love this one! Gave me goose bumps
    Nice intro!!! Good singing and very good lyrics.
    The balance of the lead and background singing is a bit better but not yet optimal.
    I should push the drum and bass a bit forward in the balance of the mix too. Only subtle changes though.
    Very nicely done and good arrangement too, I think the best of the three.

Certainly all songs meet a good standard in my view.
    Keep up the good work!!

With kind regards, P-Alpha :D

3. Whoopy

Whoopy

Aug 2, 2005
    Hey,

Oh yeah, my screen name is Whoopy.
    I posted mine under the title:

FUNK/JAZZ(-fusion) 3 new pieces.

If you would have a listen I would be much obliged.

Whoopy :D

4. Andyattalkbass

Andyattalkbass

Aug 11, 2005
    England
    I Rob and I Steal - I really liked this song, but like the guy above said perhaps a slight push forward for the bass and drums in the mix. The lead vocals were great, and the intro sounds really good too. Good work!

We Can Dance At Home - Same again, the guitar does seem to sit at the top of the mix, and the bass is pretty hard to hear clearly. There's some good stuff going on there so a subtle change to the mix should get it all sorted. Different in a lot of ways to I Rob and I Steal, but equally as good a job.

T.R.U.L.Y - The bass comes through a little better in this song. A really moving bassline with some nice fills! Some of the backing vocals/harmonies could be perhaps toned down a bit, I sometimes thought they sounded a little overpowering (particularily at the end of the song). This is just my opinion of course! Still, another good song.

Sounding promising though mate so keep it up :)!

5. I like all three songs, and your bass and playing sounds very good throughout. The production, and arrangements are also good as is. There's always a danger in polishing too much, and this demo is already quite non edgy and "tillrättalagt".
    Still, I like it. You sound somewhat like a mature, and a bit less energetic, alternative to Moneybrother. Can't see why you wouldn't be successful.

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks for all the kind words!

Whoopy, Im sorry but I don´t have a good internet connection and lousy computerspeakers so I wont be able to review your music. Sorry. :bag:

7. Whoopy

Whoopy

Aug 2, 2005
    Hey,

Okay well I never will f!#$%%$%^&&ng review your music again :crying:

Hehehehehe, just kidding guys.It's allright .
    It is reasonably playable with a dial up modem and headphones. At least it should be>>>choose the lo-bitrate option.
    Give my post a bump, :help:

With kind regards, Whoopy :D