1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New demos. Any thoughts.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Justin V, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I've been excrutiatingly bored this summer (band lost our drummer in May, still looking), so about a month or so ago I started writing and demoing a 'solo' concept album to exist outside of either of my bands. I'm mostly done with it. Only a couple more songs to write and I'll be able to start assembling a band and set up real studio time for it. So I thought I'd put a couple of songs up on icompositions and ask you guys for your thoughts.

I Hate You (But I Love What You Do) - My attempt at melding pop-punk and Broadway. Featuring my friend Jessica on female vocals with me doing everything else (well, the drums are loops and there's a MIDI choir, but it IS just a demo). It's meant to be an argument in song form.

The Truth of Everything - This is where the album will be going "dark" for a couple of songs. I was going for 70's era Tom Waits and I came close (given I'm stuck with drum loops for now). My buddy Bobby played upright for me on it. Again featuring the voice talents of Jessica (the bridge) along with my other friend Melody (2nd half of the 2nd verse). This song was a BIG departure for me.

Still here? Well, I've got one more demo, this time from my band Laden Swallow.

Though we've been lacking in a full time drummer for a couple of months, my singer Mark is still writing. We did a quickie demo of a new song a few weeks back and I'm REALLY excited about it. You can hear it on our myspace or icompositions. Song's called "Teenage Death Defier".

Ok. That's enough late night shameless self-promotion. I hope you guys enjoy the songs. In judging, please be gentle. Especially on my vocals. I'm working on 'em. But constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Bump. 31 views and no thoughts? Anybody?