New Digitech Delay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, Sep 6, 2002.

1. so i walk in to my local music store (a smaller scale one, not a guitar center) and I tell the guy that I am looking for a new delay pedal. I came in to see if thye had any akai headrushes to try but that was wishful thinking as it seems that no one carrys that pedal. He told me to check out the new digitech pedal because it had a looping feature similiar to the headrush. Now i was expecting nothing but sludge to spew forth from the speakers when I turned it on but I ended up being quite surprise. The sound of the delays are quite good. Probably about equal to the boss delays in sound quality and durability. The tape delay didnt really do much for me though and the reverse was cool but relatively useless on bass (especially since you can't use it in combinitation with the looper). It also has a tap tempo feature that worked quite well. Now the looper i was very torn about. I decided against it because of the very short recording time (about 4 seconds). It did not give me enough time to record any decent bass lines to play over but I did find it to be EXTREMELY easy to get short lines in time. To loop all you need to do is set it to the correct preset (via Knob much like the whammy) and hold the pedal down when playing. As soon as you release the pedal it plays your loop back. Every line that I tried that was under 4 seconds came out perfectly in time after only 1 mess up the first time. If it had a longer looping time i would probably be picking up this pedal but alas my search must continue for the elusive Akai Headrush.
  2. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
  3. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Based on your description, I would still check out the Headrush. The thing I liked about it over the Boss delay is that is seemed to preserver more of the tone of my bass in the repeats. I thought the Boss sounded very bright and glassy. This was not the sound I was looking for.
  4. I know I've said it a dozen times so at the risk of boring you all.....*simplicity* when looping live is KING. If any looper has an interface that causes you to pause for even a nano-second before engaging then fuggedaboutit. The plus of the 'Rush (for me) is it's dead simple, no-brainer looping. Two buttons, damn fine sound quality. Cheap and effective.
    Important trick; if you have both a passive and active input on your amp, run TWO lines from your Headrush into your amp, the "effect out" into the passive input. This will allow you to adjust the sample level with the level knob. You risk having the sample being buried under whatever you play over top. Works good for me?