Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Disc next month:Tipton, Entwistle & Powell

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by James Hart, Feb 21, 2006.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    My Judas Priest fan ex guitarist has been telling me about this for some time... seems it's gonna see the light of day next month.

Judas Priest's guitarist Glenn Tipton was asked to record a solo disc in 96. He called upon a couple of the best around.... John Entwistle and Cozy Powell!!!

Coming March 7th....
    [​IMG]

http://www.glenntipton.co.uk/default.asp

2. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    What a great rhythm section, and sadly departed.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    I cannot believe no one else commented.... The Ox playing in an 80s type metal band! I always thought he was better suited as a metal guy myself.

I just got my copy yesterday... Not bad. Glenn sings and it's clear why he sings back up in Priest. The songs are ok... a little cheesy but I'm glad I bought it.

4. Caeros

Caeros

Jul 24, 2002
    Branford, CT
    I heard the songwriting was kinda dissappointing. Blabbermouth gave it a horrendous review.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    yeah... it's weak vocally in performance and composition. The guitar / bass / drums are pretty ok though.

6. Is it worth getting as an Entwistle fan? Is he up front in the mix, with plenty of his signature style and tone?

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    it's a metal guitarists solo disc.... John is playing metal with a killer drummer and guitarist.

no bass solos
    mixed like 80s metal (read guitar is all that matters :meh: )

I won't listen to it much, but to me, it was worth the $15 I paid.