Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Donald Fagen CD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Motoboy, Feb 6, 2006.

1. For anyone that cares, there's a new Fagen CD to be released 7 March (I think). Let's hope it's half as good as "The Nightfly" or dare I hope for even better? That was one of the best albums of all time IMHO.

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

3. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nightfly rocked, Kamikiriad wasn't too bad (really dug Snowbound)...we'll see how this turns out...

4. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    he's touring right now , and he's even coming to MY town.:cool:

5. Who's on bass?

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I'm praying for Rainey!

7. hello guys - I have heard this album on promo and it's good - lots og top grooves, very tight Dan Funk - but it's at the price of Fagen's wicked songs - which I think have been amazing on the lst two Dan records - this is a great album - called Morph the Cat - but it's lots of grooves and lacking a little in the editing department - if you're fan I still think you'll dig it. I was a huge fan of Everything Must Go - so from that POV this is a little dissapointing.

Cheers

Mike

8. From what I understand he will be in Chicago, and I wilkl be there!

9. EmmSee

EmmSee

May 23, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Nice... can't wait for that one. He'll be in Boston in early March, too!

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Keith Carlock on drums! If you missed the last tour, you've gotta catch this one. Keith is sick on the skins!!!!

11. I have tickets to the Detroit concert in mid March. I'll post the day after.