1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new DR day :D

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pcake, Oct 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    that's new Drum Rack day - or at least new to me.

i played edrums in 2008, 2009 but after injuring my shoulders i gave it up, but i really loved it.

fast forward to a few months ago when a guy on CL was selling 3 pintech 10" mesh pads for $90 total. i couldn't resist! i got a small snare stand, then a cheap pintech cymbal and inexpensive cymbal stand. i ordered a yamaha module, a yamaha 3-zone crash/ride cymbal. but i had nothing to hold most of it up.

then last week a seller on ebay had THE deal for a used rack - $99 shipped for the entire rack in great condition, 5 L rods with clamps and 2 cymbal arms. it arrived today, and we put it together. it's still a work in progress, but i'm having fun. now when i'm not playing bass, i can bang on the drums all day :D

ignore the mess - we had to push stuff out of the way to build the rack, but here it is! (and yes, that is a gift bag hanging on one arm and acting as a stick bag :D )

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. BusyFingers

BusyFingers

Nov 26, 2016
    Nice! I owned an electronic drum set a few years back. I made some of my best home recordings with that because for some reason I could get more done when I could play the drums, rather than program them or use a stale drum machine. They record nicely, too. Makes it easy.

pcake likes this.
  3. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    i, too, find it much easier to play the drum part than program it.

they are easier to record with once you know how. this module has some USB/midi thing, not sure how to record with it yet.