Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New drawling

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I'm making this for a friend, it's not done yet but i had to take a picture of it while i still have it because I lent out my camera. It still needs a lot of work, plus the quality isn't great because the camera had bad batteries (i hate digi cams). It's starting to look pretty cool, i kind of wish it wasn't for someone else.

2. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Since you seem to be interested in art, have you considered lessons?

There are many art classes available for various interests and talent levels. I used to give lessons and conduct workshops and most people do not have trouble drawing, they only have trouble interpreting what their eyes see.

Whether you are interested in drawing real life or just whatever pops into your imagination...drawing real life studies will hone your observation skills immensely...and that translates into better fantasy art as well.

Even the wildest surrealist artist's, ala Salvador Dali, are very accomplished realist painters. You can't draw very well from your imagination unless your skills at drawing from real life are honed. To make your ideas seem real, you must convey to the viewer that what you imagine is real.

Seek out an art instructor in your area. It's no different than seeking out a music teacher to instruct you on bass. Self taught is great, but it's a very long path that way.

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Is that like "Nawlins'?". Nice pic.

4. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I would definitly like lessons. I just started drawling last semester when i took a drawling class. I found out i really enjoy it so i started drawling more after the class was completed. I'm actually changing my major (yet again) so something more in art/design, but i'm still going to minor in audio/video production.

Hopefully i can develp myself more and become a good drawler, i need to start expirmenting with color's and such. I will post more as i get them done.

5. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I like your drawing style. It's kind of disturbing...in a good way.

Tip:

You draw a picture, not drawl. It's a drawing, not drawling.

6. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    drawling is art from the south.

7. Claypool's good at it.