Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New dream theater song for download

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by reasonbass, Nov 1, 2003.

1. I was checking out if there was any more info on the new album and discovered that they realeased a new song fromt he album. I guess this is going to be their single or something. I liked the song it was pretty straight foward as far as Dream theater stuff, but they go off at end in true DT fashion.

here is a link
    dream theater link

2. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    :eek:

F***ING AMAZING!:bassist:

I love this song so much! It's so heavy... I know it's a bit simplistic when it comes to DT - except JP's solo - but it's nice to see them do something so freeking heavy like that! Maybe it's just all the anticipation talking, but this song rules IMO, and I will get the CD when it comes out!:bassist:

3. I like I like

Maybe its a response to Metallica's crap cd

:D

4. Ducksual

Ducksual

May 19, 2003
    UK
    What's up with the new DT mix? I'm sure I can hear Myung in there, there must be something wrong!!! ;)

5. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

When something so great such as this happens, don't question, just enjoy it while it's there ;)

On a side note, maybe Portnoy got his head out of his ass and realized Myung is actually important to DT?:D :bassist:

6. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I suppose they've had worse songs. They definitely have had better ones. The performance is decent enough, but the composition is nothing special really. The subtle keyboard arrangements in the bridges? ("checking in the view from the outside...") and just before the guitar solo are cool. The guitar solo, though, is probably the worst drivel I've heard coming from John Petrucci in quite a while.

I've completely given up on DT these days. And I used to love them so dearly.

7. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    This single track "As I am" wasn`t intended to be a pre release hit single or something like that.

DT was trying to keep the album unheard till November 11th (release date). But apparently someone recorded this song with a crappy mic (from the soundboard I guess) and it began to spread through the web. It sounded terrible.

So, Portnoy got really pissed off and they decided to show the "real" song. He posted that in his forum last week.

And, about the track, I really like.
    Unfortunately, for all DT fans who enjoy them as a cult band, this will have a tremendous mainstream impact.

At least, a lot of kids will discover that not all heavy metal solos are Wah-wah oriented.

8. update.. I just got the new album...IT FRIGGIN ROCKS I haven't been this excited since....NEVER..lol...well maybe when i got my Mesa 400+,lol.

Seriously, they have taken their playing to another level. And guess what? Myung is higher in the mix:bassist: ..The songs are definetly heavier and darker, so fans of their heavy stuff will wet their pants. I recomend anyone who is a fan to check it out.:D :p :bassist:

9. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

Yeah, I'm gonna go pick it up in an hour! Should be awesome! :cool:

10. WOOO HOOO it is!

seriously, if you ever liked DT this album is amazing.

11. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Yeah I gotta agree with you on that one!:cool: :bassist: