Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Dream Theater!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Dream Theater Begin Recording New Album - Oct. 30, 2004
    Progressive heavy rock giants DREAM THEATER are scheduled to enter a New York City studio on Monday (Nov. 1) to begin recording the follow-up to 2003's "Train of Thought". A spring/summer 2005 release through Elektra Records is expected.

DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy played a set with classic East Coast thrashers OVERKILL on Friday (Oct. 29) for hard rock radio personality Eddie Trunk's annual Halloween party.

Speaking to Eddie live on Q104.3 FM prior to the performance (which took place at the Hard Rock Café in New York City), Portnoy said about the opportunity to jam with OVERKILL, "It [is] awesome. To people that don't know me, they just know DREAM THEATER, they probably think this is the most pairing in the world — the OVERKILL fans probably think this is like Neil Peart playing with PANTERA. But [the people that] know me know my metal roots. I grew up going to see OVERKILL at L'Amour [club in Brooklyn]. I would see OVERKILL and EXODUS and TESTAMENT and ANTHRAX and that whole scene — that whole scene, that old '80s scene, that whole metal scene, that was me, man. So this is totally in my blood, and I'm totally psyched."

Hope this is as good as Train of Thought :D.

2. True

3. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    Zeg me dat het niet zo is, zeg me dat het niet zo is. Zeg me dat het niet waar is.

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    It's Dream Theater .... how can it not be good ;). I wonder if they're going to go heavier/angrier like they did on ToT or if they're going to be into the more theme oriented Scenes from a Memory.

5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    I hope it's heavier. I don't like most of their slower stuff at all.

6. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    They have a new cd/side project every month, it's not like this is actual news.

7. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    *Shakes his head*

8. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Sweet!:D

I heard that the new album won't be as heavy as ToT (it was apparently a one-time experiment), it will probably be more old-school prog. Don't get me wrong though, I'm sure I'll love whatever the hell they put out!:D

Only about 6 months until the new DT album! :hyper: