Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Drrskt (Ambient)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
  2. very nice!

matt, if you like ambient music, check out the band in my sig...if thousands is a local band that is really good at ambient/experimental music. i just bought their "2D" cd the other day, where you do a collaberation with the band "A Whisper in the Noise" (www.awitn.com) and those two band together are purely amazing imo
    Also, matt, i know you have talked about King Crimson before...have you ever heard the Fripp/Eno recordings? a must for any ambient guitar/looper if you ask me...

and also on the bass front, last August I bought a Bill Laswell double CD titled "Ambient Compendium" which is also very cool...it even features a few people that most TB'ers might even know, among them are BucketHead and Jah Wobble

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Sweet, cool stuff.

Yep, I've heard the Fripp/Eno recordings. In fact, the pretty one on my page is unfinished really, I pictured some Frippish volume swell guitar added to that for melodic accents. That Bill Laswell CD sounds sweet.

4. I have Bill Laswell's Invisible Design cd. It's pretty good.

You should check out Kraftwerk, like post rock with an evil german guy singing.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    YES, already there dude. :cool:

6. Alright then, for some good post rock stuff, some ambient, some melodic check out the following:

Napoli 23
    By the End of Tonight
    Mono
    Tarentel
    Do Make Think Say
    Nice Nice
    Matt Chamberlain
    K.K. Null

And my currently fictional, but future band Page & the Pages. BOOOOMA!