1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New dude makin' an intro.

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by DJones, Jan 4, 2007.

1. DJones

DJones

Jan 4, 2007
    Regina, SK, Canada
    Endorsing Artist: Acoustic Image Amps
    Sup.

I'm Dan Jones, living out in Sask, Canada, and I'm a bass player.

I'm currently attending school at the university, taking a degree in bass performance. The program is small, and alittle poopy, but the teacher is great, and there is nothing better that'd I'd want to do.

It's currently my 2nd year in this program, and I've been playing double bass for about 2 and a half years. I'm currently working on the Capuzi concerto, as well as the Vocalise and a transcription of Handel's sonata in C minor. I am audtioning for the local symphony next season, and I hope I get a steady gig.

Before double bass, I started on electric, which has been about 4 years. I play indie, funk, ska, jazz and even now cajun music on the side, whatever that helps me purchase gear that I probably shouldn't buy or really need.

So thats me, and I'll end with a few questions:

I've played mambo's, cha cha's and other latin styles, but I'm working on a cruise ship gig during summer to make some bucks. I can't think of the patterns off the top of my head, so could someone explain to me so I can brush up on these styles? Thanks.