Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New DVD: Miles Davis - Live at the Isle of Wight Festival

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DaveBeny, Nov 17, 2003.

1. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Quick message for any Miles Davis fans out there - a new concert DVD supposedly came out today (17/11/03) - it's Miles's appearance at the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival (a snippet of this performance is shown in the 'Message to Love' festival film).

The band is: Miles, Gary Bartz, Keith Jarrett, Chick Corea, Dave Holland, Jack DeJohnette, Airto.

I've got a feeling it may just be a region-2 disc at the moment - it is available at www.play.com and www.amazon.co.uk - I preordered it from Amazon, but apparently it's 1 to 2 weeks for delivery. We'll see whether it actually turns up... (This DVD has been delayed quite a few times)

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    That figures.
    Thanks for the head's up, Dave...the snippet on the Isle Of Wight DVD is pretty awesome, IMO.
    ;)

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    thank you - anything with miles is a keeper

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I don't know about that.
    The only Miles DVD I have is the bio(The Story Of...). I don't feel the need to buy any of the already available LIVE DVDs(e.g. Live In Germany).

I did a looksie @Amazon UK. This new Miles DVD is coded "0".
    I thought "0" was "OK" for us in the US...though now I'm not sure(I think my machine has only a "1" on the back).