Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new EA 210 cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jivetkr, Feb 9, 2003.

1. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
  2. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    I've been to the web sites of two EA dealers. They both say only what the manufacturer's site says: in essence, "in development, very efficient, coming soon".

I'm very curious about this one. I'm also still wondering why EA dropped the 5 1/2" mid drivers. I'm guessing they decided they could make a two way cab that was louder and sounded just as good, or good enough.

Can anyone verify this with personal experience?

3. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    I read somewhere ( on this site I think ) that EA didnt want to make anymore cabs over 50lbs. Thats why they dropped the other cabinet design.

I cant verify that though...I only read it online.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    If I'm not mistaken I believe it was John Dong from EA that said they weren't building anymore cabs over 50 lbs. I think it was either him or Larry in one of these threads.

brad cook

5. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    That may be true, but I don't think they would sacrifice two 5 1/2' mid speakers to lose a few pounds.

In fact, I think this weight adjustment was made AFTER the mid drivers were discontinued - ie, in the later version of the CX series.

6. Not to change the subject too much, but what has anyone heard/seen/whatever of the whizzy products? That little combo looks pretty cool. any price info? I saw the whizzy 12" (speaker only) on bassgear for $350 - NIB.