new EA 210 cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jivetkr, Feb 9, 2003.

1. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
  2. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    I've been to the web sites of two EA dealers. They both say only what the manufacturer's site says: in essence, "in development, very efficient, coming soon".

I'm very curious about this one. I'm also still wondering why EA dropped the 5 1/2" mid drivers. I'm guessing they decided they could make a two way cab that was louder and sounded just as good, or good enough.

Can anyone verify this with personal experience?

3. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    I read somewhere ( on this site I think ) that EA didnt want to make anymore cabs over 50lbs. Thats why they dropped the other cabinet design.

I cant verify that though...I only read it online.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    If I'm not mistaken I believe it was John Dong from EA that said they weren't building anymore cabs over 50 lbs. I think it was either him or Larry in one of these threads.

brad cook

5. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    That may be true, but I don't think they would sacrifice two 5 1/2' mid speakers to lose a few pounds.

In fact, I think this weight adjustment was made AFTER the mid drivers were discontinued - ie, in the later version of the CX series.

6. Not to change the subject too much, but what has anyone heard/seen/whatever of the whizzy products? That little combo looks pretty cool. any price info? I saw the whizzy 12" (speaker only) on bassgear for $350 - NIB.