Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new eb !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pigpen02, Oct 15, 2002.

1. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
  2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I can see why it needs the certificate of authenticity.

I much prefer the standard design.

3. How much blacker could it be? The answer is, none more black.

I love that thing. Think it's time to start the Onyx Sterling fund with my gig money.

4. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Black frets... Or unlined fretless phenolic
    Graphite (moses) neck
    Inlays so dark that they suck light from the room.

That's how it could get darker.

Man, that price tag though! The hole left in the wallet could be pretty dark too!

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I wondered when someone would mention the Tap connection.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I guess they made that in case Flea decides to go death metal or something. I prefer to actually see my instrument.

7. that baby should be unlined fretless, with some black strings..... ohhh yeh...

8. Boozy

Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    while on my quest for my stingray, i was told that ernie ball would be making a custom stingray all black.. the reason i was told this is because i was trying to get ernie ball to make me a string-thru-the-body stingray.. well they wouldnt do it, but they did say that ernie ball would be releasing an all black stingray with a string thru bridge.. probably with a graphite/cutlass neck, black ash body, black headstock, etc.

i couldnt wait and i didnt want black anyways.. i bought a new natural finish stingray and i will one day buy a Pre-EB stingray and put a new neck on it and i will love it :)

that does look pretty slick tho.

9. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I had an all black Carvin LB75. I couldn't decide on a finish so I chose all black. I did have a black SR5, but with the maple neck. I'd go for the all black if I had the chance. My current basses sport the natural look.

10. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    you can get black strings, im not sure if your joking but i have never seen any so i wouldn't know, im from a smaller town.

-@ndrew

11. Sure. Fender, and probably some other companies, makes them. They're regular strings wrapped with black nylon.