New Ebay bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NHGhost, Oct 11, 2004.

1. NHGhost

Sep 26, 2004
    Well folks..I went and bit the bullet on my first 6 string. Read enough reviews of the Galveston/Brice 6's that I didnt feel entirely uncomfortable getting one. Seem pretty hit or miss, but hey for the money I dont expect a Pedulla.

Went looking on Ebay for one figured I'd spend about $300 or so..and If I couldnt find one form a decent seller ID order a Brice. So I got to looking around..and found this little guy stiing there with a lousy 2 hours to go and no bids. 24 fret, passive. Ended up getting it for 162.50. If its completely bad..I can always sell it for that much on Ebay I am sure. If it plays decent and sounds OK..I'll keep it around till I either need an upgrade, or just do a little upgrading on the Galveston myself.

Wish me luck, and thanks for all the excellent resources here at talkbass.

2. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Shouldn't be a loss; new bridge and pickups and you should be good to go.
  3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I think that is a great way to find out if you would like to play a 6 without spending an arm and a leg to learn a lesson... whether it be a bad one or a good one.

I picked up a Ibanez SDGR 6 (for $294) about 4 years ago via eBay and found out that I really wasn't comfortable on a 6. Sold it to a local used shop, went back to 4's for a couple years before I decided to make the eventual jump to 5 beginning of last year.

I was glad to have had that lesson, especially inexpensively.