Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Ebay bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NHGhost, Oct 11, 2004.

1. NHGhost

NHGhost

Sep 26, 2004
    Well folks..I went and bit the bullet on my first 6 string. Read enough reviews of the Galveston/Brice 6's that I didnt feel entirely uncomfortable getting one. Seem pretty hit or miss, but hey for the money I dont expect a Pedulla.

Went looking on Ebay for one figured I'd spend about $300 or so..and If I couldnt find one form a decent seller ID order a Brice. So I got to looking around..and found this little guy stiing there with a lousy 2 hours to go and no bids. 24 fret, passive. Ended up getting it for 162.50. If its completely bad..I can always sell it for that much on Ebay I am sure. If it plays decent and sounds OK..I'll keep it around till I either need an upgrade, or just do a little upgrading on the Galveston myself.

Wish me luck, and thanks for all the excellent resources here at talkbass.

NHghost

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3752846094&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

2. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Shouldn't be a loss; new bridge and pickups and you should be good to go.

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I think that is a great way to find out if you would like to play a 6 without spending an arm and a leg to learn a lesson... whether it be a bad one or a good one.

I picked up a Ibanez SDGR 6 (for $294) about 4 years ago via eBay and found out that I really wasn't comfortable on a 6. Sold it to a local used shop, went back to 4's for a couple years before I decided to make the eventual jump to 5 beginning of last year.

I was glad to have had that lesson, especially inexpensively.